Copeland allegedly pushed another protester into an officer and the officer fell. He took the officer’s fallen riot shield and pushed back against the police line. When police pepper sprayed the crowd, Copeland supposedly threw the fence toward them.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Landon Kenneth
- Last Name(s): Copeland
- Case Number: 21-cr-570
- Arrest Location: St. George, UT
- Judge: Robin Meriweather
- Entry Last Updated: 08/13/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 09/25/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Landon Kenneth Copeland's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers or Employees Obstruction of Law Enforcement During Civil Disorder Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds without Lawful Authority Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds
Arrested 4/29. Competency status hearing held 6/30. Further competency status hearing to be rescheduled.
Michael John Romano US DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE-Crm 1331 F ST NW- Washington DC 2004 202-307 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED
Copeland is currently detained and held without bond.
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to LANDON KENNETH COPELAND
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to LANDON KENNETH COPELAND
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to LANDON KENNETH COPELAND
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 4.29.2021 in St. George, UT as to LANDON KENNETH COPELAND
- #7-ORDER as to LANDON KENNETH COPELAND
- #8-ORDER as to Defendant LANDON KENNETH COPELAND
- #10-RESTRICTED-Forensic Report
- #11-MEMORANDUM in Support of Pretrial Detention by USA as to LANDON KENNETH COPELAND
- #12-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Correspondence by USA as to LANDON KENNETH COPELAND (
- #13-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to LANDON KENNETH COPELAND
- #14-Unopposed MOTION to Disclose Items Protected by Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to LANDON KENNETH COPELAND.
- Docket Download-6.15.21
- Updates to Docket-9.25.21
- #22-ORDER OF DETENTION PENDING TRIAL - Defendant Held Without Bond as to LANDON KENNETH COPELAND.
In the news
- Coming soon