In the archway headed into the Capitol, Fitzsimmons allegedly charged the police line. However, he said he was protecting the doorway and “anyone sucked into the crowd was pushed into the police line and subjected to brutality.”
He was beaten by an officer who struck his head with a baton. The left side of his forehead began bleeding. Fitzsimmons was attended to by a rescue squad and treated at a DC hospital.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Kyle
- Last Name(s): Fitzsimons
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-158
- Arrest Location: Lebanon, ME
- Judge: Rudolph Contreras
- Entry Last Updated: 08/06/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 09/24/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: Yes
- Support Kyle Fitzsimons: Click here to help cover Kyle's legal and living expenses
Civil Disorder; Obstruction of an Official Proceeding; Inflicting Bodily Injury on Certain Officers; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building; Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings
Arrested 2/4. Indicted 2/26. Arraignment held 4/22. Status conference set for 8/19 at 10:30 am. Defendant remains committed.
Brandon K. Regan US DOJ-USAO Federal Major Crimes 555 Fourth Street, NW, Washington, DC 20530 202 252 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Puja Bhatia DOJ-USAO 555 4th Street, NW Ste Office 9439 Washington, DC 20530 202 809 3575 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED DESIGNATION: Assistant US Attorney
Kyle Fitzsimons Inmate #376979 Correctional Treatment Facility-DC CTF 1901 D Street, SE Washington, DC 20003
Information on Writing/Encouragement
He recently celebrated his birthday on 9/26. Kyle is in solitary confinement. Landscape photos of the sun and sunset help him and others in this situation stay connected to the outside world. He is not allowed to go outside. If he does, it is only for an hour.
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to KYLE FITZSIMONS
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to KYLE FITZSIMONS.
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to KYLE FITZSIMONS
- #5-INDICTMENT as to KYLE FITZSIMONS
- #7-MEMORANDUM in Support of Pretrial Detention by USA as to KYLE FITZSIMONS
- #8-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 2.4.2021 in Lebanon, Maine as to KYLE FITZSIMONS
- #9-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Puja Bhatia appearing for USA
- #10-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE-Greg Hunter appearing for KYLE FITZSIMONS
- #11-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to KYLE FITZSIMONS.
- #12-MOTION to Continue and Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to KYLE FITZSIMONS
- #13-Memorandum in Opposition by KYLE FITZSIMONS re 12 MOTION for Speedy Trial and Detention Pending Trial
- #14-SUPPLEMENT by USA as to KYLE FITZSIMONS 7 GOVERNMENT'S SUPPLEMENTAL MEMORANDUM IN SUPPORT OF PRETRIAL DETENTION
- #15-ORDER granting 11 Motion for Protective Order as to KYLE FITZSIMONS
- #16-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Joel William Anders appearing for KYLE FITZSIMONS
- #17-NOTICE OF DISCOVERY by USA as to KYLE FITZSIMONS
- #18-MOTION for Disclosure OF GRAND JURY MATERIALS by USA as to KYLE FITZSIMONS
- #22-ORDER, granting 18 Motion for Disclosure and denying 12 Motion to Continue as to KYLE FITZSIMONS
- #23-MOTION to Withdraw as Attorney by Gregory T. Hunter and Joel Anders., MOTION to Appoint Counsel by KYLE FITZSIMONS
- #24-NOTICE of Discovery by USA as to KYLE FITZSIMONS
- #25-ORDER as to KYLE FITZSIMONS. Signed by Judge Reggie B. Walton on 5.10.2021
- #26-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Natasha Taylor-Smith appearing for KYLE FITZSIMONS
- #27-ORDER as to KYLE FITZSIMONS
- #31-Response to Application for Access to Video Exhibits by USA as to KYLE FITZSIMONS
- #32-Response to Application Regarding Video Exhibit Release by KYLE FITZSIMONS
- #33-Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery by USA as to KYLE FITZSIMONS
- #34-MOTION to Revoke Detention Order, MOTION for Release from Custody , Pretrial by KYLE FITZSIMONS
- #35-Memorandum in Opposition by USA as to KYLE FITZSIMONS
- Docket Download-7.2.21
In the news
- Coming soon