Sorgente was among the crowd who pushed past police barricades. He shouted through a megaphone at police, saying ““How dare you? How dare you traitors?”
He later moved with the crowd to the archway in the Lower West Terrace, where he was pepper sprayed. Sorgente remained there for 45 minutes, saying to police: “We’re not gonna hurt you at all. We’re not gonna hurt any of you. But you hurt us. And you’re hurting the country, if you don’t stop.”
In addition, he pleaded with police to aid Roseanne Boyland, who later died after being crushed in the crowd as an officer beat her.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Kim
- Last Name(s): Sorgente
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-669
- Arrest Location: Santa Ana, CA
- Judge: Timothy Kelly
- Entry Last Updated: 12/22/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 11/24/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Kim Sorgente's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
CIVIL DISORDER; Civil Disorder (1) TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (3)
Sorgente was arrested on 10/25/21 and appeared in court on 11/4. During an arraignment on 11/30/21, he plead not guilty to all counts. His next status conference is on 3/3/23 at 2pm.
Benet Kearney DOJ-USAO One Saint Andrew's Plaza New York, NY 10007 212-637-2260 Fax: 212-637-2243 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
NA-Released on personal recognizance.
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to KIM MICHAEL SORGENTE
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to KIM MICHAEL SORGENTE
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to KIM MICHAEL SORGENTE
- #5-Arrest Warrant dated 10.21.2021 Returned Executed on 10.25.2021 as to KIM MICHAEL SORGENTE
- #6-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #8-NOTICE Pursuant to Federal Rules of Evidence 404(b) and 609 by KIM MICHAEL SORGENTE
- #10-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to KIM MICHAEL SORGENTE
- #12-ORDER Setting Conditions of Bond
- #13-INDICTMENT as to KIM MICHAEL SORGENTE
- #15-MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to KIM MICHAEL SORGENTE
- #16-MOTION for Order Authorizing Disclosure of Items Protected by Rule 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to KIM MICHAEL SORGENTE
- #20-NOTICE of Filing of Discovery Memoranda by USA as to KIM MICHAEL SORGENTE
- #21-STATUS REPORT Regarding Discovery by USA as to KIM MICHAEL SORGENTE
- #22-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Katherine Nielsen appearing for USA
- #23-NOTICE United States' Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery as of February 9, 2022 by USA as to KIM MICHAEL SORGENTE
- #25-MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release by KIM MICHAEL SORGENTE
- #28-NOTICE OF REASSIGNMENT by KIM MICHAEL SORGENTE
- #29-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #31-Ex Parte MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release ; Declaration of Michael Bo Griffith by KIM MICHAEL SORGENTE
In the news
- Coming soon