Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Kelly
- Last Name(s): Sorelle
- Case Number: 22-cr-290
- Arrest Location: Junction, TX
- Judge: Amit Mehta
- Entry Last Updated: 11/15/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 12/27/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: Yes
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Kelly Sorelle's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Conspiracy to Obstruct an Official Proceeding (1) Obstruction of an Official Proceeding (2) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (3) Obstruction of Justice (4)
Arrested 9/1/22. Released on personal recognizance on 9/8/22. Entered a plea of not guilty to all counts on 9/9/22. On 6/19/23, Sorelle's conditions of release were modified to allow her to obtain mental health treatment. Two joint status reports are calling for more time for Sorelle to receive treatment until she can stand trial. Another status report is due 12/11/23.
Horatio Aldredge, IV
Special Assistant United States Attorney Massachusetts Bar No. 688337 United States Attorney’s Office District of Columbia phone- (202) 262-6570 email- [email protected]
D.C. Bar No. 978296 Assistant United States Attorney U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia 601 D Street NW Washington, D.C. 20530 phone- (202)-252-7277 email- [email protected]
Kathryn L. Rakoczy
Assistant United States Attorney D.C. Bar No. 994559 United States Attorney’s Office 601 D Street, NW Washington, D.C. 20530 phone- (202)-252-6928 email- [email protected]
Kellye Sorelle's Mailing Address
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- #1 Indictment
- #5 Arrest Warrant, dated 8/31/2022, Returned Executed on 9/1/2022 as to KELLYE SORELLE
- #7 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Louis J. Manzo appearing for USA
- #8 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Jeffrey S. Nestler appearing for USA.
- #9 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Kathryn Leigh Rakoczy appearing for USA.
- #10 ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to KELLYE SORELLE (1) Personal Recognizance. Signed by Magistrate Judge Zia M. Faruqui on 09/08/2022.
- #11 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: Horatio Aldredge, IV appearing for KELLYE SORELLE
- #12 Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to KELLYE SORELLE from United States District Court for the Western District of Texas. Case Number 22-mj-743-DH
- #15 MOTION for Joinder by USA as to KELLYE SORELLE
- #17 Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Conference by KELLYE SORELLE
- #18 Unopposed MOTION for Extension of Time to File Response/Reply as to  MOTION for Joinder by KELLYE SORELLE
- #21 Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to KELLYE SORELLE
- #23 ORDER granting  Motion for Protective Order as to KELLYE SORELLE. Please see attached Order. Signed by Judge Amit P. Mehta on 03/28/2023
- #25 SCHEDULING ORDER as to KELLYE SORELLE. Please see attached Order. Signed by Judge Amit P. Mehta on 04/05/2023
- #27 NOTICE NOTICE OF INTENT TO INTRODUCE EVIDENCE PURSUANT TO RULE 404(b)) by USA as to KELLYE SORELLE
- #30 MOTION in Limine by USA as to KELLYE SORELLE
- #36 ORDER as to KELLYE SORELLE. Defendant shall be committed to the custody of the Attorney General for hospitalization for treatment in a suitable medical facility for the purposes of competency restoration. Defendant need not report to the custody of the Attorney General until space is available at the suitable medical facility designated by the Attorney General for her treatment.
- #37-Joint STATUS REPORT by USA as to KELLYE SORELLE
- #38-Joint STATUS REPORT by USA as to KELLYE SORELLE
In the news
- Coming soon