O’Brien and her husband attended the event at the Capitol. She posted videos and personal opinions regarding the event that day. Among her statements were that the crowd was pepper sprayed and shot with rubber bullets.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Kelley
- Last Name(s): O'Brien
- Case Number: 21-cr-00633
- Arrest Location: Allentown, PA
- Judge: G. Michael Harvey
- Judge: Royce Lamberth
- Entry Last Updated: 08/15/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 10/11/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Kelley O'Brien's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
O'Brien was arrested on 8/18/21. She initially appeared in court on 8/27 and was placed on personal recognizance. Arraignment held 10/27/21, entered a plea of not guilty to all Counts of the Information (doc #13) On 1/5/22, she plead guilty to count 1. Sentencing held 4/6/22, she was sentenced to 90 days incarceration followed by 1 year of Supervised Release, a fine of $1000, $500 in Restitution, and a $25 Special Assessment. Counts 2-4 are dismissed on Oral Motion of the Government.
Adam Alexander U.S. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE-FBI United States Attorneys Office Federal Building and United States Courthouse 222 W. 7th Avenue #9 RM 253 Anchorage, AK 99501 907-271-2309 Email: [email protected] TERMINATED: 10/07/2021 LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Maria Y. Fedor U.S. Department of Justice 950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20530 202-353-7366 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Kelley O’Brien's Mailing Address
NA-Released on personal recognizance.
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Kelly O'Brien Docket Sheet as of 8/15/2023
- Docket Download-10.11.21
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to KELLEY O'BRIEN
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to KELLEY O'BRIEN
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to KELLEY O'BRIEN
- #5-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #6-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 8.18.21 in Allentown, PA as to KELLEY O'BRIEN
- #7-ORDER Setting Conditions of Bond
- #9-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL
- #10-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure ORDER TO DISCLOSE ITEMS PROTECTED BY FEDERAL RULE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE 6(e) AND SEALED MATERIALS by USA as to KELLEY O'BRIEN
- #11-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to KELLEY O'BRIEN
- #12-PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material; allowing designated material to be filed under seal as to KELLEY O'BRIEN
- #13-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to KELLY O'BRIEN from United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- #13-INFORMATION as to KELLY O'BRIEN (1) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 4
- #15-NOTICE OF FILING DISCOVERY STATUS by USA as to KELLY O'BRIEN
- #16-NOTICE OF FILING UNITED STATES MEMORANDUM REGARDING STATUS OF DISCOVERY AS OF OCTOBER 21, 2021 by USA as to KELLY O'BRIEN
- #18-NOTICE OF FILING OF UNITED STATES MEMORANDUM REGARDING STATUS OF DISCOVERY AS OF NOVEMBER 5, 2021 by USA as to KELLY O'BRIEN
- #19-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to KELLY O'BRIEN from U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- #23-PLEA AGREEMENT as to KELLY O'BRIEN
- #24-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA as to KELLY O'BRIEN
- #25-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to KELLY O'BRIEN
- #26-NOTICE OF FILING OF UNITED STATES MEMORANDUM REGARDING STATUS OF DISCOVERY AS OF FEBRUARY 9, 2022 by USA as to KELLY O'BRIEN
- #30-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to KELLY O'BRIEN
- #31-NOTICE OF FILING OF VIDEO EXHIBITS PURSUANT TO LCrR 49 by USA as to KELLY O'BRIEN
- #32-RESPONSE by KELLY O'BRIEN to the Government's Sentencing Memorandum
- #36-JUDGMENT as to KELLY O'BRIEN
- #39 ORDER re: 38 Probation Petition as to KELLY O'BRIEN (1). No hearing necessary as all conditions satisfied. Signed by Judge Royce C. Lamberth on 3/16/2023
In the news
- Coming soon