Kelly Meggs sent a Facebook message to another “Oathkeeper” saying he was going to DC and planning to stay in a hotel with others. He noted no guns were allowed in DC.
Meggs was placed in a “Leadership Signal Chat” run by the “Oathkeepers,” and also organized others from his home state to join the event.
On Jan. 6, he allegedly entered the building with his wife Connie and other group members, who placed their hands on each other’s backs in a stack formation. He exited the building after being inside for 27 minutes. There is no evidence he engaged in violent activity during that time.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Kelly
- Last Name(s): Meggs
- Case Number: Case 2- 22-cr-00015
- Arrest Location: Middle District, FL
- Judge: Amit Mehta
- Entry Last Updated: 06/15/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: Yes
- Support Kelly Meggs: Click here to help cover Kelly's legal and living expenses
Seditious Conspiracy (1) Conspiracy to Obstruct an Official Proceeding (2) Obstruction of an Official Proceeding and Aiding and Abetting (3) Conspiracy to Prevent an Officer from Discharging any Duties (4) Destruction of Government Property and Aiding and Abetting (5) Tampering with Documents or Proceedings and Aiding and Abetting (60
Meggs was indicted in a new case on 1/12/22. A trial is scheduled for either 9/26 at 9 30 am or 11/29 at 9 30 am in DC District Court.
Jeffrey Nestler U.S. ATTORNEY'S OFFICE 555 Fourth Street NW Washington, DC 20530 202-252-7277 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Kathryn Leigh Rakoczy US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 555 Fourth Street, NW, Washington, DC 20530 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED, Designation: US Assistant Attorney
- #1-Indictment as to Rhodes et al
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case
- #5-Arrest Warrant, dated 1_12_2022, Returned Executed on 1_13_2022
- #44-STATUS REPORT REGARDING DISCOVERY by USA as to ELMER STEWART RHODES, III, KELLY MEGGS, KENNETH HARRELSON, JESSICA WATKINS, JOSHUA JAMES, ROBERTO A. MINUTA,
- #67-RESPONSE by USA as to ELMER STEWART RHODES, III, KELLY MEGGS, KENNETH HARRELSON, JESSICA WATKINS, JOSHUA JAMES, ROBERTO A. MINUTA, JOSEPH HACKETT, DAVID M
- #120-RESPONSE by USA as to ELMER STEWART RHODES, III, KELLY MEGGS, KENNETH HARRELSON, JESSICA WATKINS, JOSHUA JAMES, ROBERTO A. MINUTA, JOSEPH HACKETT, DAVID MOERSCHEL, B
In the news
- Coming soon