Security footage from the East Rotunda doors captures Dillard entering the Capitol around 2:26. In a matter of minutes, Dillard allegedly gets into multiple physical altercations with Police, and according to his Statement of Facts, throws one officer down from behind shortly after entering the building.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Kaleb
- Last Name(s): Dillard
- Case Number: 23-cr-49
- Arrest Location: Columbiana, AL
- Judge: Jia Cobb
- Entry Last Updated: 08/15/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 12/27/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Kaleb Dillard's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Civil Disorder (1) Assaulting Resisting or Impeding Certain Officers (2) Assaulting Resisting or Impeding Certain Officers (3) Destruction of Government Property (4) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (5) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (6) Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds (7) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (8) Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings (9) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (10)
Arrested 8/23/22. Released on personal recognizance on 9/1/22. Plea Agreement Hearing held on 7/18/2023, entered a plea of guilty to Count 2 of the Indictment (doc #22). Sentencing set for 10/27/2023 at 10:00 AM in Courtroom 21- In Person before Judge Jia M. Cobb.
DC Bar No. 991519 Assistant Deputy Chief—Detailee Criminal Division, Fraud Section United States Department of Justice 300 N. Los Angeles St., Suite 2001 Los Angeles, CA 90012 Tel. No. (202) 257-3295 Email: [email protected]
- #1 Complaint
- #1 a) Statement of Facts
- #5 Arrest Warrant, dated 8/19/2022, Returned Executed on 8/23/2022 as to KALEB DILLARD
- #6 Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to KALEB DILLARD from United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama (Southern) Case Number 2:22-mj-00341
- #9 ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to KALEB DILLARD (1) Personal Recognizance Bond. Signed by Magistrate Judge Zia M. Faruqui on 9/1/2022.
- #10 Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to KALEB DILLARD.
- #11 Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure of Items Protected by Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to KALEB DILLARD
- #12 PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material; allowing designated material to be filed under seal as to KALEB DILLARD. Signed by Magistrate Judge Zia M. Faruqui on 09/12/2022.
- #13 MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Randy A. Dempsey Fee Status: No Fee Paid. by KALEB DILLARD.
- #14 ORDER granting  Motion for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Counsel should register for e-filing via PACER and file a notice of appearance pursuant to LCrR 44.5(a). Click for instructions as to KALEB DILLARD (1). Signed by Magistrate Judge Moxila A. Upadhyaya on 11/4/2022
- #15 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: Randy A. Dempsey appearing for KALEB DILLARD
- #16 STIPULATION Regarding Return of Digital Device and Electronically Stored Information by USA (O'Donnell, Niall)
- #17 Unopposed MOTION to Continue, Unopposed MOTION for Speedy Trial Finding of Excludable Time by USA as to KALEB DILLARD.
- #18 NOTICE of Proposed Order by USA as to KALEB DILLARD re  Unopposed MOTION to Continue Unopposed MOTION for Speedy Trial Finding of Excludable Time (O'Donnell, Niall)
- #19 ORDER granting  Unopposed MOTION to Continue and Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act filed by USA. Time between December 1, 2022, and February 2, 2023, shall be excluded from calculation under the Speedy Trial Act. Status Hearing set for 2/2/2023 at 1:00 PM by Telephonic/VTC before Magistrate Judge Robin M. Meriweather. Signed by Magistrate Judge Zia M. Faruqui on 11/28/2022.
- #20 Joint MOTION to Continue Status Hearing and Exclude Time Under The Speedy Trial Act by USA as to KALEB DILLARD
- #21 ORDER granting 20 Motion to Continue Status Hearing and Exclude Time as to KALEB DILLARD. Status hearing continued to 4/4/2023 at 1:00 PM by Telephonic/VTC before Magistrate Judge Robin M. Meriweather. Signed by Magistrate Judge Zia M. Faruqui on 1/25/2023
- #22 INDICTMENT as to KALEB DILLARD (1) count(s) 1, 2-3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- #24 Joint MOTION to Continue Status Conference, Joint MOTION for Speedy Trial Finding of Excludable Time by USA as to KALEB DILLARD
- #26 PLEA AGREEMENT as to KALEB DILLARD
- #27 STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA as to KALEB DILLARD
- #28 WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to KALEB DILLARD. Approved by Judge Jia M. Cobb on 7/18/2023
In the news
- Coming soon