Justin Smith entered the Capitol with a black Trump flag. He appears to walk peacefully throughout the building and does not engage in any violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Justin
- Last Name(s): Smith
- Case Number: 22-cr-00157
- Arrest Location: Cleveland, OH
- Judge: Randolph Moss
- Entry Last Updated: 10/30/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Justin Smith's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building or Grounds (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Smith was arrested on 5/4/22 and indicted on 5/5. He was ordered released on 5/10. During an arraignment on 5/20, he plead not guilty to all charges. There is a joint status report due on 11/14.
- SEALED COMPLAINT as to JUSTIN MICHAEL SMITH
- Justin Smith Statement of Facts
- INFORMATION as to JUSTIN MICHAEL SMITH
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to JUSTIN MICHAEL SMITH
- #4-ORDER granting  Motion to Seal Case as to JUSTIN MICHAEL SMITH
- #6-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to JUSTIN MICHAEL SMITH
- #8-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to JUSTIN MICHAEL SMITH
- #12-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to JUSTIN MICHAEL SMITH
- #15-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE_ Michelle M. Peterson appearing for JUSTIN MICHAEL SMITH
- #16-MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to JUSTIN MICHAEL SMITH
- #17-MINUTE ORDER as to JUSTIN MICHAEL SMITH
- #18-NOTICE of Filing by JUSTIN MICHAEL SMITH
- #19-Joint STATUS REPORT by USA as to JUSTIN MICHAEL SMITH
- #20-Joint STATUS REPORT by USA as to JUSTIN MICHAEL SMITH
- #21-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Jocelyn Patricia Bond appearing for USA
In the news
- Coming soon