Social media posts and video footage show Chang at the Capitol on Jan. 6th. He is seen walking through the building with the crowd and taking pictures with his cell phone.
There is no evidence Julio Chang engaged in violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Julio
- Last Name(s): Chang
- Case Number: 21-cr-703
- Arrest Location: Aventura, FL
- Judge: G Michael Harvey
- Judge: Randolph Moss (Current)
- Entry Last Updated: 11/15/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 12/02/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Julio Chang's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Chang was arrested on 10/19/21. He appeared in court on 10/26 and was charged via information on 12/1. Chang was released on personal recognizance. On 7/5/23, he plead guilty to count 4. Chang was sentenced on 10/6/23 to 3 years probation, along with payment of $500 restitution and a $10 special assessment.
Robert Craig Juman U.S. ATTORNEY'S OFFICE 500 E. Broward Blvd. Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33132 786-514-9990 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Julio Cesar Chang's Mailing Address
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Docket Download-12.2.21
- PLEA AGREEMENT as to JULIO CESAR CHANG
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to JULIO CESAR CHANG
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to JULIO CESAR CHANG
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to JULIO CESAR CHANG
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 10.19.2021 as to JULIO CESAR CHANG
- #6-NOTICE OF FILING by USA as to JULIO CESAR CHANG
- #8-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #9-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to JULIO CESAR CHANG
- #18-NOTICE of United States' Memoranda Regarding Status of Discovery by USA as to JULIO CESAR CHANG
- #19-INFORMATION as to JULIO CESAR CHANG
- #23-NOTICE of United States' Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery as of February 9, 2022 by USA as to JULIO CESAR CHANG
- #25-Joint STATUS REPORT by JULIO CESAR CHANG
- #26-Joint STATUS REPORT by JULIO CESAR CHANG
- #27-Joint STATUS REPORT by JULIO CESAR CHANG
- #28-Joint STATUS REPORT by JULIO CESAR CHANG
- #30-Unopposed MOTION to Travel to the MDFL
- #32-Joint STATUS REPORT by JULIO CESAR CHANG
- #35-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA as to JULIO CESAR CHANG
- #36-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to JULIO CESAR CHANG
- #39-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to JULIO CESAR CHANG
- #42-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by JULIO CESAR CHANG
- #44-JUDGMENT as to JULIO CESAR CHANG
In the news
- Coming soon