Khater allegedly used bear spray on Capitol Police Officer Sicknick in the Lower West Terrace, where violence broke out between protesters and police. Sicknick later passed away of a blood clot after the events of Jan. 6.
The executrix of his estate is suing Khater, George Tanios, and President Trump civilly.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Julian
- Last Name(s): Khater
- Case Number: Case 2 (Civil)- 23-cv-00038
- Arrest Location: NA, NA
- Judge: Amit Mehta
- Entry Last Updated: 03/18/2023
- Currently Incarcerated: Yes
- Support Julian Khater: Click here to help cover Julian's legal and living expenses
Khater is being sued for $10,000,000 for claims pertaining to: Wrongful Death (1) Conspiracy to Violate Civil Rights (Interference with Official Duties) (2) Common-Law Assault (3) Negligence Per Se (4)
Khater received a summons for this case while detained in DC jail. On 2/11/23, he wrote Judge Mehta from his jail cell, asking for an extension because he needed to find a lawyer. His request was granted, and he is required to respond to the civil complaint by 5/10/23.
Julian Khater-34510-509 FCI RAY BROOK FEDERAL CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION P.O. BOX 900 RAY BROOK, NY 12977 Release date is 11/18/2026
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- #1-COMPLAINT against All Defendants with Jury Demand
- #2- NOTICE OF RELATED CASE by SANDRA GARZA
- #3-NOTICE of Appearance by Noah Hy Brozinsky on behalf of SANDRA GARZA
- #4-NOTICE of Appearance by Mark Steven Zaid on behalf of SANDRA GARZA
- #6-SUMMONS (1) Issued Electronically as to DONALD J. TRUMP
- #7-NOTICE of Appearance by Matthew G. Kaiser on behalf of SANDRA GARZA
- #8-REQUEST FOR SUMMONS TO ISSUE filed by SANDRA GARZA
- #9-SUMMONS (1) Issued Electronically as to JULIAN ELIE KHATER
- #10-WAIVER OF SERVICE. GEORGE PIERRE TANIOS
- #11-WAIVER OF SERVICE. DONALD J. TRUMP
- #12-RETURN OF SERVICE_AFFIDAVIT of Summons and Complaint Executed. JULIAN ELIE KHATER
- #13-NOTICE of Appearance by David Patrick Sheldon on behalf of JULIAN ELIE KHATER
- #14-Unopposed MOTION for Extension of Time to File Answer re  Complaint by JULIAN ELIE KHATER
- #15-NOTICE of Appearance by Jesse R Binnall on behalf of DONALD J. TRUMP
- #16-Joint MOTION for Briefing Schedule for Motion to Dismiss by DONALD J. TRUMP
- #17-ORDER granting  Motion for Briefing Schedule
- #18-Letter from JULIAN ELIE KHATER
In the news
- Coming soon