Colt spoke to CBS2 News and mentioned he entered the Senate Chambers peacefully. He allegedly was one of the first to enter the room and supposedly sat in a seat reserved for either Speaker Pelosi or Vice President Biden. The government claims he was hanging from the Senate balcony, but no further context is given.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Josiah
- Last Name(s): Colt
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-74
- Arrest Location: Boise, ID
- Judge: Thomas Hogan
- Entry Last Updated: 08/13/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 09/24/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Josiah Colt's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Obstruction; Aiding and Abetting; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building; Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building
Arrested 1/12. Initial appearance held 1/19/21. Indicted 2/3, Arraigned 3/9 and pleaded not guilty to counts 1-4. Plea agreement hearing held 7/14 where Colt pleaded guilty to one count of obstruction of an official proceeding. Defendant remains on personal recognizance. Status conference set for 10/18 at 2 pm.
Elizabeth Ann Aloi US ATTORNEY's OFFICE FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 555 4th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20003 202 252 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: US Assistant Attorney
NA-Released on personal recognizance
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to JOSIAH COLT
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to JOSIAH COLT.
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to JOSIAH COLT
- #5-MOTION to Unseal Case by USA as to JOSIAH COLT
- #6-ORDER Granting 5 MOTION to Unseal Case by USA as to JOSIAH COLT
- #7-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to JOSIAH COLT from US District Court for the District of Idaho Case Number MJ-21-382-S-REB
- #8-INDICTMENT as to JOSIAH COLT
- #11-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to JOSIAH COLT
- #12-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE-Michelle M. Peterson appearing for JOSIAH COLT
- #14-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to JOSIAH COLT
- #16-PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material; allowing designated material to be filed under seal as to JOSIAH COLT
- #17-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE-Charles Peterson appearing for JOSIAH COLT
- #18-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Jessica Arco appearing for USA
- #19-Consent MOTION to Continue by USA as to JOSIAH COLT.
- #21-PLEA AGREEMENT as to JOSIAH COLT
- #22-STATEMENT OF FACTS in Support of Plea Agreement by USA as to JOSIAH COLT
- #23-WAIVER OF INDICTMENT by JOSIAH COLT.
- #24-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to JOSIAH COLT
- Docket Download-6.15.21
In the news
- Coming soon