Black was pictured inside the Senate Chamber, bleeding from his left cheek apparently from some sort of projectile that was shot at him. Black admitted to having a knife, which explain the bulk of the charges the DOJ was able to include in his case. Black stated, however, that the knife was under his clothes and he did not take it out to use it. He was not charged with any violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Joshua Matthew
- Last Name(s): Black
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-127
- Arrest Location: Northern District, AL
- Judge: Robin M. Meriweather
- Entry Last Updated: 08/27/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 09/22/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Joshua Matthew Black's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Obstruction of an Official Proceeding and Aiding and Abetting; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon; Impeding Ingress and Egress in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon and Aiding and Abetting; ; Unlawful Possession of a Dangerous Weapon on Capitol Grounds or Buildings; ; Entering and Remaining on the Floor of Congress; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building; Impeding Passage Through the Capitol Grounds or Buildings and Aiding and Abetting
Arrested 1/14/22. Initial appearance 2/16/21. Indicted 2/17/21 and arraigned 3/19/21 where he pleaded not guilty to all counts. Motions hearing held on 4/22/21. Status conference held on 5/4/21. Status conference held on 7/7/21. Defendant remains on personal recognizance. Status conference set for 9/10/21 at 1 pm.
In the news
- Coming soon