Capitol surveillance shows the Bustles at the Capitol on Jan. 6th. They are walking peacefully throughout the building. It doesn’t appear they engaged in violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Joshua Kahle
- Last Name(s): Bustle
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-238
- Arrest Location: Bristow, VA
- Judge: Thomas Hogan
- Entry Last Updated: 08/05/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 08/26/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Joshua Kahle Bustle's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Temporary Residence of the President-Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) Temporary Residence of the President-Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Bustle was arrested n 3/8/21 and appeared in court the same day. On 4/6, he pleaded not guilty to all counts. On 6/14, he pleaded guilty to count 4. He was sentenced to 30 days home detention, 24 months probation, 40 hours of community service, and $500 restitution.
Michael John Romano
Michael John Romano US DOJ-CRM 1331 F Street, NW Washington, DC 20004 202 307 6691 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant US Attorney
NA-Released during trial, not sentenced to incarceration.
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Docket Download-8.26.21
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 3.8.2021 in Bristol, VA as to JOSHUA KAHLE BUSTLE
- #7-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to JOSHUA KAHLE BUSTLE
- #9-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #19-PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material
- #23-PLEA AGREEMENT as to JOSHUA KAHLE BUSTLE
- #25-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE as to JOSHUA KAHLE BUSTLE
- #26-NOTICE by JOSHUA KAHLE BUSTLE
- #31-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by JOSHUA KAHLE BUSTLE
- #38-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to JOSHUA KAHLE BUSTLE
- #44-JUDGMENT as to JOSHUA KAHLE BUSTLE
- #49-ORDER granting 48 Probation Petition as to JOSHUA KAHLE BUSTLE
- #52-Probation Jurisdiction Transferred to U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina as to JOSHUA KAHLE BUSTLE
In the news
- Coming soon