Haynes is accused of damaging abandoned media equipment left in an outdoor media stating area. He is also accused of assisting two individuals who removed an air conditioning unit from the Capitol.
HAYNES stated to FBI agents “he disagrees with the force used by law enforcement officers
on January 6, 2021, to prevent Trump supporters from stopping the presidential election from
In addition, Haynes says he saw US law enforcement officers waving people into the Capitol.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Joshua Dillon
- Last Name(s): Haynes
- Case Number: 21-cr-00594
- Arrest Location: Covington, VA
- Judge: Robin Meriweather
- Judge: Tanya S. Chutkan (Current)
- Entry Last Updated: 12/27/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 08/27/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: Yes
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Joshua Dillon Haynes's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Obstruction of Proceedings (1) Destruction of Property in the Territorial Jurisdiction (2) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (3) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (4) Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds (5) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (6) Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings (7) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (8)
Joshua Haynes was arrested on 7/1/21 and indicted on 9/22. On 10/28/22, he plead guilty to counts 1 and 2. Sentencing is on 1/31/23 at 10 am in Courtroom 9.
Jennifer Leigh Blackwell
Jennifer Leigh Blackwell US Attorney General's Office-DC 555 Fourth St, NW Washington, DC 20530 202 803 1590 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Central Virginia Regional Jail 13021 James Madison Highway Orange, VA 22960
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- PLEA AGREEMENT as to JOSHUA DILLON HAYNES
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to JOSHUA DILLON HAYNES
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to JOSHUA DILLON HAYNES
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to JOSHUA DILLON HAYNES
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 7.1.2021 Covington, VA as to JOSHUA DILLON HAYNES
- #8-ORDER Setting Conditions for High Intensity Supervision Program as to JOSHUA DILLON HAYNES
- #9-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #11-Emergency MOTION to Revoke Bond Under 18 USC 3148(b) and Issue Arrest Warrant by USA as to JOSHUA DILLON HAYNES
- #13-RESPONSE by JOSHUA DILLON HAYNES
- #15-MOTION to Revoke by JOSHUA DILLON HAYNES
- #16-INDICTMENT as to JOSHUA DILLON HAYNES
- #18-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to JOSHUA DILLON HAYNES from US District Court Western District of Virginia
- #19- NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #20- NOTICE of Memorandum Regarding Discovery by USA as to JOSHUA DILLON HAYNES
- #21-INDICTMENT as to JOSHUA DILLON HAYNES
- #23-MOTION to Modify Motion to Change Facility of Pre-Trial Detention (Transfer detention to the District of Columbia) by JOSHUA DILLON HAYNES
- #24-ORDER as to JOSHUA DILLON HAYNES re  MOTION to Modify Motion to Change Facility of Pre-Trial Detention
- #25-MOTION to Exclude Motion in Limine to Preclude any Association Between Defendant and the Proud Boys by JOSHUA DILLON HAYNES
- #26-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Andrew J. Tessman appearing for USA
- #27-RESPONSE by USA as to JOSHUA DILLON HAYNES
- #28-MOTION to Withdraw Document Motion to Withdraw Previously Filed Motion to Change Location of Pretrial Detention by JOSHUA DILLON HAYNES
- #29-Joint PROPOSED BRIEFING SCHEDULE by USA as to JOSHUA DILLON HAYNES
- #30-PRETRIAL ORDER as to JOSHUA DILLON HAYNES
- #31-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to JOSHUA DILLON HAYNES
- #32-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA and JOSHUA DILLON HAYNES as to JOSHUA DILLON HAYNES
In the news
- Coming soon