Both Joshua Hughes and his brother, Jerod Hughes, were in the group that was first to enter the Capitol Building. Jerod Hughes is seen on video immediately kicking a door out upon entry.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Joshua
- Last Name(s): Hughes
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-106
- Judge: Christopher Cooper
- Judge: Zia M. Faruqui
- Entry Last Updated: 08/10/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 07/10/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Joshua Hughes's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Civil Disorder; Obstruction of an Official Proceeding; Destruction of Government Property; Entering and Remaining in aRestricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Entering and Remaining on the Floor of Congress; Entering and Remaining in Certain Rooms in the Capitol Building; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building
Hughes was arrested on 2/1/21. He initially appeared in court on 3/10. He pleaded not guilty to all counts. The next status conference is set for 10/1 at 2 30 pm.
Hava Levinson Mirell
Hava Arin Levenson Mirell US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE 312 N Spring St, Ste 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90012 213 894 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
James B. Nelson
James B. Nelson US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 555 Fourth Street, NW, Room 4112 Washington, DC 2001-202 252 [email protected] 4/12/21-LEAD ATTORNEY-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
NA-Released on high intensity supervision program.
- #18-RESPONSE by USA as to JOSHUA CALVIN HUGHES re 13 MOTION for Bond
- #22-ORDER Setting Conditions for High Intensity Supervision Program as to JOSHUA CALVIN HUGHES
- #26-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to JOSHUA CALVIN HUGHES
- #27-ORDER granting 26 Motion for Protective Order as to JOSHUA CALVIN HUGHES
- #33-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Hearing by JEROD WADE HUGHES as to JEROD WADE HUGHES
- #34-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Palmer Hoovestal appearing for JOSHUA CALVIN HUGHES
- Docket Download-7.10.21
In the news
- Coming soon