Barnes was killed in a motorcycle accident unrelated to this case. To connect with his parents and surviving 3 brothers, reach out to his home church, The Austin Stone. His family asks for donations in his name to be sent to DefendingtheRepublic.org and Operation Underground Railroad-ourrescue.org. He is an artist, and here is a site to buy some of his patriotic artwork: https://www.joebarnesart.com/art-gallery
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Joseph
- Last Name(s): Barnes
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-192
- Arrest Location: Austin, TX
- Judge: Zia M. Faruqui
- Entry Last Updated: 06/11/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 09/21/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Joseph Barnes's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Obstruction of an Official Proceeding; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building
Arrested 2/10/21. Initial appearance 3/2/21. Indicted 3/5/21 and arraigned 3/10/21 where he pleaded not guilty to all counts. Defendant remained on personal recognizance bond. Joseph Barnes passed away in a motorcycle accident unrelated to this trial.
Troy A Edwards, Jr.
Troy A. Edwards, Jr. US ATTORNEY"S OFFICE FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 555 Fourth ST, NW Washington, DC 20001 202 252 7081 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant US Attorney
- Docket Download-6.8.21
- Barnes - Statement of Facts
- Barnes - Complaint
- Barnes - Indictment
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to JOSEPH CABLE BARNES
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to JOSEPH CABLE BARNES
- #7-Arrest Warrant, dated 2.8.2021, Returned Executed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on 3.2.2021 as to JOSEPH CABLE BARNES
- #7-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to JOSEPH CABLE BARNES (1) Personal Recognizance
- #13-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to JOSEPH CABLE BARNES from US District Court Western District of Texas Austin Division
- #15-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to JOSEPH CABLE BARNES
- #16-Unopposed MOTION to Continue by USA as to JOSEPH CABLE BARNES
- #17-ORDER granting 15 Motion for Protective Order as to JOSEPH CABLE BARNES
- #20-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #21-SUGGESTION OF DEATH Upon the Record by USA as to JOSEPH CABLE BARNES
In the news
- Coming soon