Barnes was killed in a motorcycle accident unrelated to this case. To connect with his parents and surviving 3 brothers, reach out to his home church, The Austin Stone. His family asks for donations in his name to be sent to DefendingtheRepublic.org and Operation Underground Railroad-ourrescue.org. He is an artist, and here is a site to buy some of his patriotic artwork: https://www.joebarnesart.com/art-gallery
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Joseph
- Last Name(s): Barnes
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-192
- Arrest Location: Austin, TX
- Judge: Zia M. Faruqui
- Entry Last Updated: 08/10/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 09/21/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Joseph Barnes's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Obstruction of an Official Proceeding; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building
Arrested 2/10/21. Initial appearance 3/2/21. Indicted 3/5/21 and arraigned 3/10/21 where he pleaded not guilty to all counts. Defendant remains on personal recognizance bond.
In the news
- Coming soon