Mellis allegedly struck an officer who was incessantly beating a woman. The woman told police she was unable to move because of the crowd around her. She later died as a result of injuries sustained that day.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Jonathan Gennaro
- Last Name(s): Mellis
- AKA: Jon Gennaro
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-206
- Arrest Location: Williamsburg, VA
- Judge: Emmet Sullivan
- Entry Last Updated: 08/06/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 09/25/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: Yes
- Support Jonathan Gennaro Mellis: Click here to help cover Jonathan Gennaro's legal and living expenses
Civil Disorder Obstruction of an Official Proceeding and Aiding and Abetting Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers Using a Dangerous Weapon Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon Impeding Ingress and Egress in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building Impeding Passage Through the Capitol Grounds or Buildings Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings
Arrested 2/26. Indicted 3/10. Arraigned and pleaded not guilty to all counts 3/23. Status conference set for 8/25 at 11 am. Plea calculation report due 9/3.
Emory Vaughan Cole
Emory Vaughan Cole US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 555 Fourth Street, NW, Washington, DC 20530 202 252 7692-FAX 202 616 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Jonathan Gennaro Mellis Inmate# 376907 Correctional Treatment Facility DC-CTF 1901 D St. SE Washington DC 20003
Information on Writing/Encouragement
He has been placed in solitary confinement. *Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to JONATHAN GENNARO MELLIS
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to JONATHAN GENNARO MELLIS
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to JONATHAN GENNARO MELLIS (1). Signed by Magistrate Judge Zia M. Faruqui
- #6-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 02.16.2021 in Williamsburg, VA as to JONATHAN GENNARO MELLIS
- #7-INDICTMENT as to JONATHAN GENNARO MELLIS
- #9-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE-Thomas Abbenante appearing for JONATHAN GENNARO MELLIS
- #10-STANDING ORDER as to JONATHAN MELLIS
- #11-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to JONATHAN GENNARO MELLIS.
- #12-NOTICE OF FILING DISCOVERY LETTER by USA as to JONATHAN GENNARO MELLIS
- #13-NOTICE OF FILING by USA as to JONATHAN GENNARO MELLIS
- #17-MOTION for Bond by JONATHAN GENNARO MELLIS
- #18-Memorandum in Opposition by USA as to JONATHAN GENNARO MELLIS
- #18-NOTICE OF FILING DISCOVERY LETTER by USA as to JONATHAN GENNARO MELLIS
- #19-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to JONATHAN GENNARO MELLIS from US District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- #20-NOTICE OF FILING DISCOVERY LETTER by USA as to JONATHAN GENNARO MELLIS
- Docket Download-7.26.21
In the news
- Coming soon