Anderson was part of the crowd that entered the Capitol through a tunnel. He is seen holding a police shield at the front of the line and refuses to let go of it when ordered.
He is sprayed by police and falls to the ground, saying he can’t breathe because of asthma. Police escort him out of the building and call for an ambulance.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): John
- Last Name(s): Anderson
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-215
- Arrest Location: ST Augustine, FL
- Judge: Rudolph Contreras
- Entry Last Updated: 07/28/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 06/07/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover John Anderson's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Civil Disorder; Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers; Theft of Government Property; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Impeding Ingress and Egress in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building; Impeding Passage Through the Capitol Grounds or Buildings
Anderson was arrested on 2/25/21. He pleaded not guilty to all counts. The next status conference is scheduled for 9/24.
Robert Craig Juman US Attorney's Office 500 E Broward Blvd, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33132 786 514 9990, LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: US Assistant Attorney
NA-Released on personal recognizance.
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
In the news
- Coming soon