Anderson was part of the crowd that entered the Capitol through a tunnel. He is seen holding a police shield at the front of the line and refuses to let go of it when ordered.
He is sprayed by police and falls to the ground, saying he can’t breathe because of asthma. Police escort him out of the building and call for an ambulance.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): John
- Last Name(s): Anderson
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-215
- Arrest Location: ST Augustine, FL
- Judge: Rudolph Contreras
- Entry Last Updated: 06/13/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 06/07/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover John Anderson's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Civil Disorder; Assaulting (1) Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers (2) Theft of Government Property (3) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (4) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (5) Impeding Ingress and Egress in a Restricted Building or Grounds (6) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (7) Impeding Passage Through the Capitol Grounds or Buildings (8)
Anderson was arrested on 2/25/21. He pleaded not guilty to all counts. His last status conference was scheduled on 9/24/21. John Anderson passed away during the course of this trial.
Robert Craig Juman US Attorney's Office 500 E Broward Blvd, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33132 786 514 9990, LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: US Assistant Attorney
NA-Released on personal recognizance.
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to JOHN ANDERSON
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to JOHN ANDERSON.
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to JOHN ANDERSON
- #5-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Marina Medvin appearing for JOHN ANDERSON
- #6-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA. Attorney Juman, Robert Craig added. Substituting for attorney Candice Chu Wong (Juman, Robert)
- #8-Unopposed MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release by JOHN ANDERSON
- #9-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 2.25.2021 in the Middle District of Florida as to JOHN ANDERSON.
- #10-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to JOHN ANDERSON (1) Personal Recognizance
- #11-INDICTMENT as to JOHN ANDERSON (1) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.
- #13-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to JOHN STEVEN ANDERSON from US District Court Middle District of Florida Jacksonville Division
- #15-MOTION for Protective Order Governing Discovery by USA as to JOHN STEVEN ANDERSON
- #17-REPLY by USA as to JOHN STEVEN ANDERSON re 15 Motion for Protective Order Governing Discovery.
- #18-MOTION to Withdraw Document 16 Memorandum in Opposition by JOHN STEVEN ANDERSON
- #20-PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material; allowing designated material to be filed under seal as to JOHN STEVEN ANDERSON
- #21-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure of Items Protected by Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to JOHN STEVEN ANDERSON
- #22-ORDER granting the Government's 21 Motion for Disclosure as to defendant JOHN STEVEN ANDERSON
- #24-MEMORANDUM in Support of Defendant's Oral Motion to Remove Designation of 'Highly Sensitive' from CCTV Video Clip by JOHN STEVEN ANDERSO
- #25- RESPONSE by USA as to JOHN STEVEN ANDERSON
- #26-REPLY TO OPPOSITION to Motion by JOHN STEVEN ANDERSON
- #27-MOTION to Intervene
- #28-RESPONSE by USA as to JOHN STEVEN ANDERSON re 27 MOTION to Intervene
- #30-Corporate Disclosure Statement
- #31-REPLY in Support by JOHN STEVEN ANDERSON
- #32-REPLY TO OPPOSITION to Motion by WP COMPANY, LLC,
- #33-NOTICE of Supplemental Authority
- #34-NOTICE of United States' Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery by USA as to JOHN STEVEN ANDERSON
- #36-NOTICE of Supplemental Authority by USA as to JOHN STEVEN ANDERSON
- #37-ORDER granting defendant JOHN STEVEN ANDERSON's motion to remove designation of HIGHLY SENSITIVE
- #40-NOTICE of United States' Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery as of September 14, 2021 by USA as to JOHN STEVEN ANDERSON
- #42-MOTION to File Under Seal Government's Suggestion of Death and Motion for Abatement of Prosecution by USA as to JOHN STEVEN ANDERSON
- #45-ORDER granting Motion for Abatement of Prosecution as to JOHN STEVEN ANDERSON
- #46-MOTION Disbursement of Funds by JOHN STEVEN ANDERSON
- #47-Unopposed MOTION for Release of Funds by JOHN STEVEN ANDERSON
- #48-ORDER that the clerk of court shall release and DISBURSE funds to bond payer Carrie Beth Reese in the amount of $2500.00 as to defendant JOHN STEVEN ANDERSON
In the news
- Coming soon