Lammons stated he was inside the Capitol Building on a What’s App chat.
He said: “we honestly wanted to just get inside and see what they were saying after we left some idiots came in and did some stupid things but the first group was totally professional.
Lammons says building doors were open when he arrived. He saw young individuals yelling at police and placed himself between the two groups to de-escalate the situation. He was asked by an officer to take an older man who was sick back to safety. He did so, but was unable to leave through the doors because of the crowd. As a result, he climbed out a window to leave as ordered.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): John
- Last Name(s): Lammons
- Case Number: 22-cr-00103
- Arrest Location: Galveston, TX
- Judge: Royce Lamberth
- Entry Last Updated: 09/04/2023
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover John Lammons's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Lammons was arrested on 3/24/22. He was released on personal recognizance. Indictment 3/28/22. On 11/8/2022, he plead guilty to count 4. On 2/6/23, he was sentenced to one month in prison, followed by 36 months of probation. In addition, Lammons was ordered to pay a $10 special assessment.
April Holly Ayres-Perez
April Ayers-Perez Assistant United States Attorney Detailee United States Attorney’s Office District of Columbia Cell No. (956) 754-0946 [email protected]
- Lammons Complaint
- Lammons Statement of Facts
- INFORMATION as to JOHN LAMMONS
- #5-Arrest Warrant, dated 3_1_2022, Returned Executed on 3_24_2022 as to JOHN LAMMONS
- #8-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to JOHN LAMMONS from United States District Court Southern District of Texas
- #11-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to JOHN LAMMONS
- #12-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to JOHN LAMMONS
- #13-ORDER granting  Motion for Protective Order as to JOHN LAMMONS
- #16-Joint MOTION to Continue Status Hearing by JOHN LAMMONS
- #17-NOTICE (Waiver of Time Under Speedy Trial Act) by JOHN LAMMONS re  Joint MOTION to Continue Status Hearing
- #18-ORDER granting  Motion to Continue as to JOHN LAMMONS
- #23-ORDER granting 21 Motion to Continue; granting 22 Motion to Exclude_ It is hereby ORDERED that both motions are GRANTED
- #25-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Andrew Haag appearing for USA
- #26-PLEA AGREEMENT as to JOHN LAMMONS
- #27-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA as to JOHN LAMMONS
- #28-NOTICE (Waiver of Right to In-Person Hearing) by JOHN LAMMONS
- #35-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to JOHN LAMMONS
- #36-NOTICE of Filing of Exhibits Pursuant To Local Criminal Rule 49 and Standing Order 21-28 by USA as to JOHN LAMMONS
- #37-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by JOHN LAMMONS
- #39-NOTICE (Attendance records) by JOHN LAMMONS re  Pretrial Violation Report
- #40-JUDGMENT as to JOHN LAMMONS
In the news
- Coming soon