A Facebook post and Capitol surveillance show Mr. Juran inside the Capitol on Jan. 6th. He appears to be walking in a line with others as though he is on a tour. There is no evidence he engaged in violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): John
- Last Name(s): Juran
- Case Number: 21-cr-419
- Arrest Location: Strykersville, NY
- Judge: Zia Faruqui
- Judge: G Michael Harvey
- Judge: Thomas Hogan
- Entry Last Updated: 06/13/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 07/14/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover John Juran's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building (2) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct and Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing on Capitol Grounds (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Juran was arrested on 5/19/21. Conditions of release were set on 6/1/21. During an arraignment on 11/1/21, he plead not guilty to all counts. On 12/1/21, he entered a guilty to count 4. Sentencing held on 2/23/2022, sentenced to three (3) years of Probation. Special Assessment in the amount of $10. Fine in the amount of $500. Restitution in the amount of $500. Government's oral motion to dismiss Counts 1, 2, and 3; heard and granted.
Anita Eve US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE/PA 615 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106 215 861 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to JOHN JURAN
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to JOHN JURAN
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to JOHN JURAN
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 5.19.2021 Strykersville, NY as to JOHN JURAN
- #7-First MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Eric M. Soehnlein by Michael Rossetti, Esq. by Michael Rossetti, Esq.
- #8-ERRATA 7 First MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Eric M. Soehnlein by Michael Rossetti
- #9-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release- Defendant JOHN JURAN placed on Personal Recognizance Bond
- #10-INFORMATION as to JOHN JURAN
- #13-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #14-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to JOHN JURAN from US District Court Western District of New York
- #15- PLEA AGREEMENT as to JOHN JURAN
- #16-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA as to JOHN JURAN
- #17-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to JOHN JURAN
- #21-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by JOHN JURAN
- #22-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by JOHN JURAN
- #25-JUDGMENT as to JOHN JURAN
- #27-Probation Jurisdiction Transferred to US District Court for the Western District of New York as to JOHN JURAN
In the news
- Coming soon