Bargar is alleged to have brought a firearm to the Capitol. It fell on the ground and a police officer spotted it outside. He supposedly posted on Facebook that he was near Ashli Babbitt when she was shot.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Jerod
- Last Name(s): Bargar
- Case Number: 22-mj-00169
- Arrest Location: Osage Beach, MO
- Judge: Robin Meriweather
- Entry Last Updated: 01/05/2023
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Jerod Bargar's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon (1) Unlawful Possession of a Firearm on Capitol Grounds or Buildings (2) (DC Code) Unlawful Possession of a Pistol, Firearm, or Ammunition Outside Their Home or Place of Business, in the District of Columbia, without a valid license and registration certificate issued by the District of Columbia (3) (DC Code) Unlawful possession, sell, or transfer any large capacity ammunition feeding device, in the District of Columbia (4)
Jerod Bargar was arrested on 8/4/22 and appeared in court on 8/11. He waived his right to a preliminary hearing.
GRACE ALBINSON Trial Attorney, U.S. Department of Justice 150 M Street, N.E. Washington, D.C. 20002 (202) 598-3276 [email protected]
- Bargar Complaint
- Bargar Statement of Facts
- #5-Arrest Warrant, dated 7_29_2022, Returned Executed on 8_3_2022 as to JEROD THOMAS BARGAR
- #8-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to JEROD THOMAS BARGAR
- #11-PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material
- #12-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Sonia Mittal appearing for USA
- #13-Consent MOTION to Continue Status Conference and Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to JEROD THOMAS BARGAR
- #15-ORDER granting 13 Motion to Continue Status hearing and Exclude time as to JEROD THOMAS BARGAR
- #16-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Conference and Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to JEROD THOMAS BARGAR
- #19-ORDER granting 16 Motion to Continue Status Hearing and to Exclude Time as to JEROD THOMAS BARGAR
In the news
- Coming soon