Smith admitted to being inside the Capitol for around 30 minutes. There is no detail of any violence committed by Smith.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Jeffrey Alexander
- Last Name(s): Smith
- AKA: Alex Smith
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-290
- Judge: Robin M. Meriweather
- Entry Last Updated: 07/22/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 08/24/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Jeffrey Alexander Smith's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building
Charged via complaint on 1/22/21 and arrested 1/27/21 in the Southern District of California. Released on bond and had initial appearance on 2/11/21 at 1 pm. Charged via information on 4/8 and pleaded not guilty to counts 1-4 on 4/27/21. Defendant remains on personal recognizance bond and has a status conference set for 9/3/21 at 2:00PM.
George Peter Eliopoulous USAO-DC Violent Crimes and Narcotics Trafficking Section 555 Fourth St, NW, #4205 Washington, DC 20503 202 252 6957 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED DESIGNATION; US Assistant Attorney
In the news
- Coming soon