Smith admitted to being inside the Capitol for around 30 minutes. There is no detail of any violence committed by Smith.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Jeffrey Alexander
- Last Name(s): Smith
- AKA: Alex Smith
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-290
- Arrest Location: Southern District , CA
- Judge: Robin M. Meriweather
- Judge: Reggie Walton
- Entry Last Updated: 04/29/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/29/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Jeffrey Alexander Smith's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (1) VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (2) TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building (3) TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building (4)
Charged via complaint on 1/22/21 and arrested 1/27/21 in the Southern District of California. Released on bond and had initial appearance on 2/11/21. Charged via information on 4/8/21 and pleaded not guilty to counts 1-4 on 4/27/21. On 10/28/21, he pleaded guilty to count 2. Sentencing held on 3/15/2022, sentenced to Ninety (90) days of incarceration. Probation for a period of two (2) years. A special assessment of ten ($10) dollars. Restitution in the amount of five hundred ($500) dollars.
George Peter Eliopoulous USAO-DC Violent Crimes and Narcotics Trafficking Section 555 Fourth St, NW, #4205 Washington, DC 20503 202 252 6957 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED DESIGNATION; US Assistant Attorney
- Jeffrey Alexander Smith Docket Sheet as of 04/29/2022
- Statement of Facts
- #4-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #5-Amended MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice John Pierce re Motion of attorney PRO HAC VICE
- #6-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to JEFFREY ALEXANDER SMITH
- #7-Arrest Warrant, dated 1.22.2021, returned executed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on 2.12.2021 as to Defendant JEFFREY ALEXANDER SMITH
- #11-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #12-ORDER as to JEFFREY ALEXANDER SMITH
- #14-ORDER as to JEFFREY ALEXANDER SMITH.
- #15-Joint MOTION TO CONTINUE STATUS HEARING by USA as to JEFFREY ALEXANDER SMITH.
- #17-GENERAL ORDER GOVERNING CRIMINAL CASES BEFORE THE HONORABLE REGGIE B. WALTON
- #18-ORDER, granting 15 Motion to Continue and 16 Motion to Exclude as to JEFFREY ALEXANDER SMITH
- #20-ORDER, as to JEFFREY ALEXANDER SMITH
In the news
- Coming soon