Finely was part of the crowd that breached the police gate and entered the Capitol on Jan. 6th. He is seen on surveillance walking inside the building. He doesn’t appear to engage in violent activity.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Jeffrey
- Last Name(s): Finley
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-526
- Arrest Location: Unknown , WV
- Judge: Zia Faruqui
- Judge: Tanya Chutkan
- Entry Last Updated: 04/29/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/29/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Jeffrey Finley's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Knowingly Enter and Remain in any Restricted Building or Grounds without lawful Authority and Engage in Disorderly or Disruptive Conduct in any Restricted Buildings or Grounds Engage in Disorderly Conduct in any of the Capitol Buildings
Finley was arrested 3/21/21 and initially appeared in court on 3/29/21. Released on personal recognizance on 3/29/21. Plea of guilty entered as to count 1 on 04/06/2022. Sentencing set for 7/19/2022 at 02:00 PM in Courtroom 9- In Person before Judge Tanya S. Chutkan.
Jason Bradley Adam McCullough US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE 555 Fourth Street, NW, Washington, DC 20530 202 252 7233, [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED, Designation: US Attorney
NA-Released on personal recognizance.
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Jeffrey Finley Docket Sheet as of 04/29/2022
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to JEFFERY FINLEY
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to JEFFERY FINLEY.
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to JEFFERY FINLEY
- #7-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Aaron David Moss appearing for JEFFERY FINLEY
- #10-Joint MOTION to Continue Status Hearing by USA as to JEFFERY FINLEY
- #11-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to JEFFERY FINLEY
- #13-Joint MOTION to Continue Status Conference by USA as to JEFFERY FINLEY
- #14-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to JEFFERY FINLEY
- #15-PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material
- #18-NOTICE of Filing by JEFFERY FINLEY re Defendant's Acceptance of Protective Order
- #19-Joint MOTION to Continue Status Conference by USA as to JEFFERY FINLEY.
- #19-Joint MOTION to Convert the In-Person Status Hearing Into a Hearing by Video Conference by USA as to BRANDON FELLOWS
- #22-Joint MOTION to Continue Status Conference by USA as to JEFFERY FINLEY.
- #23-ORDER granting 22 Motion to Continue Status Hearing as to JEFFERY FINLEY
- #25-INFORMATION as to JEFFERY FINLEY
- #27-NOTICE OF OFFICE-WIDE DISCOVERY PROGRESS by USA as to JEFFERY FINLEY
- #28-Joint MOTION to Continue Status Conference by USA as to JEFFERY FINLEY.
- #29-STATUS REPORT OF OFFICE-WIDE DISCOVERY PROGRESS by USA as to JEFFERY FINLEY
- #30-Joint MOTION to Continue Status Conference by USA as to JEFFERY FINLEY
In the news
- Coming soon