Lavin and her daughter attended the event on Jan. 6th. She supposedly climbed on top of a bike rack to enter the Capitol.
When the two women entered, Lavin held a sign saying “Trump Won.” She walked through the building in a peaceful manner.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Jean
- Last Name(s): Lavin
- Case Number: 1:21-mj-594
- Arrest Location: Canterbury, CT
- Judge: Beryl Howell
- Entry Last Updated: 04/29/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/29/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Jean Lavin's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building (1) TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building (2) VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Lavin was arrested on 9/14/21. She appeared in court on 9/21/21 and was released on conditions on 9/21/21. Plea of not guilty as to counts 1-4 entered 9/29/21. Plea of guilty entered on 1/11/2022. Sentencing held on 4/22/2022, sentenced on Count 4 of the Information to serve a term of thirty-six (36) months of Probation with conditions of intermittent confinement and home detention; a special assessment of $10.00, a fine of $2,500.00, and restitution to the victim, Architect of the Capitol, in the amount of $500.00. Oral motion by the government for the dismissal of Counts 1, 2, and 3 of the Information, granted
Douglas Collyer DOJ-USAO Gateway Building 14 Durkee Street Room 340 Plattsburgh, NY 12901 518-314-7800 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Jean Lavin et al NEW CASE #21-cr-00596 Docket Sheet as of 04/29/2022
- Jean Lavin CASE CLOSED #21-mj-00594 Docket Sheet as of 04/29/2022
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 9.14.2021 as to JEAN LAVIN
- #9-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to JEAN LAVIN from United States District Court for the District of Connecticut
- #18-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to JEAN LAVIN
- #23-MOTION for Order to disclose 6(e) material by USA as to JEAN LAVIN
- #24-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order with respect to discovery by USA as to JEAN LAVIN
- #27-PROTECTIVE ORDER as to JEAN LAVIN
- #29-NOTICE of filing of discovery status memos by USA as to CARLA KRZYWICKI, JEAN LAVIN
- #30-STATUS REPORT with respect to discovery by USA as to CARLA KRZYWICKI, JEAN LAVIN
- #31-NOTICE of filing executed Attachment A to Protective Order Governing Discovery by USA as to JEAN LAVIN
- #32-STATUS REPORT with respect to discovery by USA as to CARLA KRZYWICKI, JEAN LAVIN
In the news
- Coming soon