Comeau was interviewed by FBI and stated he thought it was ok to enter the building because he saw police move away as the crowd entered. He walked briefly in the statuary hall. Then he heard police officers yelling for protesters to leave. He left promptly.
There is no evidence Comeau engaged in violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Jason
- Last Name(s): Comeau
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-629
- Arrest Location: Port Charlotte, FL
- Judge: Emmet Sullivan
- Entry Last Updated: 01/05/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/29/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Jason Comeau's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Comeau was arrested on 10/14/21. He appeared in court 10/21/21 and pleaded not guilty to all counts, released on personal recognizance on 10/21/21. .On 12/21/21, a plea of guilty as to Count 4 was entered by Comeau. On 11/15/22, he was sentenced to 12 months of probation, payment of a $10 special assessment, a fine of $371, and restitution in the amount of $500.
Alexis Jane Loeb
Alexis Jane Loeb US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CA 450 Golden Gate Ave, 11th Floor San Francisco, CA 94102 415 436 7168-FAX 415 436 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-DESIGNATION: US Assistant Attorney
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Jason Michael Comeau Docket Sheet as of 04/29/2022
- Docket Download-12.2.21
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to JASON MICHAEL COMEAU
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to JASON MICHAEL COMEAU
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to JASON MICHAEL COMEAU
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 10.14.2021 as to JASON MICHAEL COMEAU
- #6-INFORMATION as to JASON MICHAEL COMEAU
- #9-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #10-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to JASON MICHAEL COMEAU
- #11-STATUS REPORT Status of Discovery as of October 21, 2021 by USA as to JASON MICHAEL COMEAU
- #12-NOTICE of Filing by USA as to JASON MICHAEL COMEAU
- #13-STANDING ORDER as to JASON MICHAEL COMEAU
- #14-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure of Grand Jury and Sealed Materials and Proposed Order by USA as to JASON MICHAEL COMEAU
- #15-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to JASON MICHAEL COMEAU
- #16-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to JASON MICHAEL COMEAU
- #17-STATUS REPORT Status of Discovery as of November 5, 2021 by USA as to JASON MICHAEL COMEAU
- #23-STATUS REPORT Regarding Status of Discovery as of 2-9-22 by USA as to JASON MICHAEL COMEAU
- #27-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Sentencing Hearing by USA as to JASON MICHAEL COMEAU_
- #28-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to JASON MICHAEL COMEAU
- #29-NOTICE of Filing Exhibit Pursuant to Local Criminal Rule 49 by USA as to JASON MICHAEL COMEAU re 28 Sentencing Memorandum
- #30-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by JASON MICHAEL COMEAU
- #34-JUDGMENT as to JASON MICHAEL COMEAU
- #37-Probation Jurisdiction Transferred to United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida as to JASON MICHAEL COMEAU
In the news
- Coming soon