Jamie and his wife Jennifer entered the Capitol along with the crowd. He is accused of throwing a chair at a Capitol police officer. It is possible he was trying to use it keep a door open that police attempted to close.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Jamie N.
- Last Name(s): Buteau
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-489
- Arrest Location: Ocala, FL
- Judge: Randolph Moss
- Entry Last Updated: 04/28/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/28/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Jamie N. Buteau's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Obstruction of Law Enforcement During Civil Disorder Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers or Employees Entering or Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or on Restricted Personal Grounds Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building Engaging in Physical Violence on Capitol Grounds
Buteau was arrested on 6/23/21. On 7/1/21, conditions of release with GPS monitoring were set. During an 11/5/21 arraignment, he pleaded not guilty to all counts. After a status report on 04/04/2022, it was ordered that the parties shall file a further joint status report on or before 6/3/2022
Clayton Henry O'Connor
Clayton Henry O'Connor DOJ-CRM-Human Rights and Special Protections Section-1301 New York Avenue, NW, #1200 Washington, DC 20530 202 616 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
NA-Released on personal recognizance, subject to GPS monitoring.
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Jamie N. Buteau et al Docket Sheet as of 04/28/2022
- #6-Arrest Warrant, dated 6.22.2021, Returned Executed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on 7.1.2021 as to JAMIE N. BUTEAU
- #10-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Douglas Stamm appearing for JAMIE N. BUTEAU
- #14-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release with Global Positioning System Monitoring as to JAMIE N. BUTEAU
- #15-INDICTMENT as to JAMIE N. BUTEAU
- #17-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order Governing Discovery by USA as to JAMIE N. BUTEAU, JENNIFER P. BUTEAU
- #18-Second MOTION for Protective Order Governing Discovery by USA as to JAMIE N. BUTEAU, JENNIFER P. BUTEAU
- #19-PROTECTIVE ORDER
- #20-NOTICE of Filing Executed Protective Order by JENNIFER P. BUTEAU as to JAMIE N. BUTEAU, JENNIFER P. BUTEAU
- #21-NOTICE re Status of Discovery by USA as to JAMIE N. BUTEAU JENNIFER P. BUTEAU
- #22-NOTICE STATUS OF DISCOVERY by USA as to JAMIE N. BUTEAU, JENNIFER P. BUTEAU
- #23-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Anne Veldhuis appearing for USA
- #26-Joint STATUS REPORT by USA as to JAMIE N. BUTEAU, JENNIFER P. BUTEAU
- #27-NOTICE OF WITHDRAWAL OF APPEARANCE by USA as to JAMIE N. BUTEAU, JENNIFER P. BUTEAU
- #28-SUPERSEDING INDICTMENT as to JAMIE N. BUTEAU
- #30-Joint STATUS REPORT by USA as to JAMIE N. BUTEAU, JENNIFER P. BUTEAU
In the news
- Coming soon