Buhler appears on surveillance with her step-son-in-law Michael Hardin. The two walked throughout the building but did not act violently.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Janet West
- Last Name(s): Buhler
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-510
- Arrest Location: Salt Lake City, UT
- Judge: Colleen Kollar-Kotelly
- Entry Last Updated: 01/07/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/28/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Janet West Buhler's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Knowingly Entering or Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Buhler was arrested on 7/30/21. She appeared in court on 8/17/21 where she entered a not guilty plea. Released on personal recognizance on 08/17/21. On 1/13/2022, Janet entered a plea of guilty as to count 5. On 6/1/22, she was sentenced to 30 days incarceration followed by 36 months probation and a special assessment of $10.
Hava Levinson Mirell
Hava Arin Levenson Mirell US Attorney's Office 312 N Spring St, #1200, Los Angeles, CA 90012 213 894 0717, [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY< ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED, Designation: US Assistant Attorney
- Janet West Buhler Docket Sheet as of 04/28/2022
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to JANET WEST BUHLER
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to JANET WEST BUHLER.
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to JANET WEST BUHLER
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 7.30.2021 in Salt Lake City, Utah as to JANET WEST BUHLER
- #9-ORDER Setting Conditions of Bond
- #10-Unopposed MOTION to Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to JANET WEST BUHLER
- #11-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to JANET WEST BUHLER
- #12-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure of Items Protected by Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to JANET WEST BUHLER
- #13-ORDER granting 10 Motion to Exclude as to JANET WEST BUHLER
- #14-ORDER granting 12 Motion for Disclosure as to JANET WEST BUHLER
- #15-PROTECTIVE ORDER. Signed by Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly on September 7, 2021
- #16-MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Brett Tolman
- #17-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Brett L Tolman appearing for JANET WEST BUHLER
- #18-DECLARATION of Brett L. Tolman in Support of 16 Motion for Admission of Attorney Pro Hac Vice by JANET WEST BUHLER
- #20-ORDER pursuant to the Due Process Protections Act and Local Rule of Criminal Procedure 5.
- #21-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Memoranda by USA as to JANET WEST BUHLER
- #22-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Memorandum by USA as to JANET WEST BUHLER
- #23-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Memorandum by USA as to JANET WEST BUHLER
- #25-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA as to JANET WEST BUHLER
- #26-PLEA AGREEMENT as to JANET WEST BUHLER
- #28-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to JANET WEST BUHLER
- #29-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Memorandum by USA as to JANET WEST BUHLER
- #30-Proposed MOTION to Permit Travel by JANET WEST BUHLER
- #32-Receipt as to JANET WEST BUHLER
- #35-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to JANET WEST BUHLER
- #36-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by JANET WEST BUHLER
- #38-MEMORANDUM OPINION AND ORDER as to JANET WEST BUHLER
- #39-JUDGMENT as to JANET WEST BUHLER
In the news
- Coming soon