Robinson says he heard people at the Capitol screaming and yelling for help as he was eating lunch a few blocks away. He immediately went to the steps and claims he was sucked into the crowd when he entered the building. Inside the building, he appears to cheer and talk with others. At one point, he allegedly took a velvet rope from the Rotunda and started carrying it around with him.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): James
- Last Name(s): Robinson
- Case Number: 22-cr-267
- Arrest Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Judge: Dabney Friedrich
- Entry Last Updated: 01/08/2023
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover James Robinson's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building or Grounds (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Indicted on 8/8/22. Robinson was released on personal recognizance. During an arraignment on 8/17, he plead not guilty to all counts. His last status conference was on 1/3/23 at 10am. A plea agreement hearing is scheduled for 2/7/23 at 1pm.
Barry Kent Disney
Barry Kent Disney USAO-DC 601 D Street, NW Washington, DC 20530 202 305 4361 [email protected]
- Robinson Complaint
- Robinson Statement of Facts
- INFORMATION as to JAMES ROBINSON
- #9-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to JAMES ROBINSON
- #10-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to JAMES ROBINSON
- #11-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to JAMES ROBINSON
- #12-ORDER granting the government's  Unopposed Motion for Protective Order
- #13- NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #15-STATUS REPORT by JAMES ROBINSON
- #16-NOTICE of the Filing of a Letter to AUSA Barry K. Disney by JAMES ROBINSON
- #17-MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice
- #18-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Hearing Scheduled for January 3, 2023 by JAMES ROBINSON
In the news
- Coming soon