McGrew approached police yelling statements such as “We’re coming in here whether you like it or not” and “Fight with us, not against us.” He held up a phone to record the names of officers and their badge numbers.
McGrew later struck an officer and attempted to take his baton.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): James Burton
- Last Name(s): McGrew
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-00398
- Arrest Location: Glendale, AZ
- Judge: Beryl Howell
- Entry Last Updated: 07/28/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 07/27/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: Yes
- Support James Burton McGrew: Click here to help cover James Burton's legal and living expenses
"Assaulting, Resisting or Impeding an Officer Civil Disorders Obstruction of an Official Proceeding Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings Parading, Demonstrating or Picketing in a Capitol Building"
McGrew was arrested on 5/28 and appeared in court initially on 6/1. He pleaded not guilty to all accounts. His last status conference was held on 8/19.
Lucy Sun DOJ-USAO 595 Main Street, Worcester, MA 01608 508 368 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED--Designation: US Assistant Attorney
James McGrew Inmate# 377892 Correctional Treatment Facility DC-CTF 1901 D St. SE Washington DC 20003
Information on Writing/Encouragement
*Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to JAMES BURTON MCGREW - Copy
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to JAMES BURTON MCGREW. - Copy
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to JAMES BURTON MCGREW - Copy
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 5.30.2021 in Glendale, AZ as to JAMES BURTON MCGREW - Copy
- #6-ORDER as to JAMES BURTON MCGREW. Signed by Magistrate Judge Zia M. Faruqui - Copy
- #7-INDICTMENT as to JAMES BURTON MCGREW - Copy
- #9-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- John M. Pierce appearing for JAMES BURTON MCGREW
- #10-STANDING ORDER as to JAMES BURTON MCGREW
- #11-Unopposed MOTION to Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to JAMES BURTON MCGREW
- #14-PROTECTIVE ORDER as to JAMES BURTON MCGREW.
- #15-Unopposed MOTION to Continue For 60-Days Following the Defendant's Arraignment Status Conference by USA as to JAMES BURTON MCGREW
- #16-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure of 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to JAMES BURTON MCGREW.
- #17-NOTICE of Preliminary Discovery by USA as to JAMES BURTON MCGREW
- #19-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Conference 2 Business Days by USA as to JAMES BURTON MCGREW.
- #20-NOTICE REGARDING DEFENSE COUNSEL JOHN PIERCE, ESQ. by USA as to JAMES BURTON MCGREW
- Docket Download-7.27.21
In the news
- Coming soon