Little told authorities he entered the Capitol and walked around. He mentioned getting caught up in the moment and taking pictures. He didn’t engage in violent activity. Little returned home the same day.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): James
- Last Name(s): Little
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-315
- Arrest Location: Unknown , NC
- Judge: Royce Lamberth
- Entry Last Updated: 07/19/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/28/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover James Little's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building or Grounds (3) VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Little was arrested on 3/24/21. He initially appeared in court on 3/31. He pleaded not guilty to counts 1-4 on 6/2/21. The last status conference was held on 8/31/21. On 11/16/21, he pleaded guilty to count 4. On 3/14/2022, he was committed to the custody of the Bureau of Prisons for a term of 60 days followed by 36 months (3 years) of Probation. He was further ordered to pay a $100 special assessment.
Frederick Walton Yette US Attorney's Office-National Security Section 555 Fourth Street, NW, Washington, DC 20530 202 252 7733- 202 252 7792 TERMINATED 11/12/21. Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Michael Gordon James
Michael Gordon James DOJ-USAO Terry Sanford Federal Building 310 New Bern Avenue Suite 800 Raleigh, NC 27601-1461 919-856-4530 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
James Little's Mailing Address
NA-Released on personal recognizance.
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- James Little Docket Sheet as of 04/28/2022
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to JAMES LITTLE
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to JAMES LITTLE.
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to JAMES LITTLE
- #6-MOTION to Unseal Case by USA as to JAMES LITTLE
- #7-ORDER Granting 6 MOTION to Unseal Case by USA as to JAMES LITTLE
- #8-INFORMATION as to JAMES LITTLE
- #10-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to JAMES LITTLE (1) Personal Recognizance
- #11-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE-Peter Stewart Adolf appearing for JAMES LITTLE
- #13-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to JAMES LITTLE
- #14-ORDER granting 13 Motion for Protective Order as to JAMES LITTLE
- #16-STATUS REPORT REGARDING STATUS OF DISCOVERY by USA as to JAMES LITTLE
- #18-STATUS REPORT Regarding Status of Discovery as of August 23, 2021 by USA as to JAMES LITTLE
- #20-STATUS REPORT REGARDING DISCOVERY AS OF SEPTEMBER 14, 2021 by USA as to JAMES LITTLE
- #22-NOTICE OF FILING by USA as to JAMES LITTLE
- #23-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA. Attorney James, Michael Gordon added.
- #25-PLEA AGREEMENT as to JAMES LITTLE
- #26-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA as to JAMES LITTLE
- #27-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to JAMES LITTLE from US District Court Western Distric of North Carolina
- #31-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to JAMES LITTLE
- #32-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Sentencing Hearing by JAMES LITTLE
- #34-ORDER granting 32 Motion to Continue as to JAMES LITTLE
- #35-NOTICE OF FILING MEMORANDA REGARDING STATUS OF DISCOVERY AS OF FEBRUARY 9, 2022 by USA as to JAMES LITTLE
- #37-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by JAMES LITTLE
- #38-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA re 34 Order of the Court as to JAMES LITTLE Modified
- #39-SUPPLEMENT by JAMES LITTLE re 37 Sentencing Memorandum
- #40-LETTER as to JAMES LITTLE
- #42-SUPPLEMENT by JAMES LITTLE re  Sentencing Memorandum
- #43-MEMORANDUM OPINION as to JAMES LITTLE
- #44-MOTION to Dismiss Count One through Three of the Information by USA as to JAMES LITTLE_
- #45-ORDER granting Government's Motion  to Dismiss Counts One through Three of the Information as to JAMES LITTLE. Signed by Judge Royce C. Lamberth
- #48-JUDGMENT as to JAMES LITTLE. Statement of Reasons Not Included
- #50-NOTICE OF APPEAL-Final Judgment by JAMES LITTLE re  Judgment,  Memorandum Opinion
- #52-AMENDED JUDGMENT as to JAMES LITTLE
- #54-Transmitted Supplemental Record, 52 Amended Judgment, on Appeal to USCA as to JAMES LITTLE re 50 Notice of Appea
In the news
- Coming soon