Lollis attended the event with his friend Derek Gunby. He attempted to alert officers outside the Lower West Terrace that there was a man in distress when the crowd was pepper sprayed. Shortly after his warning, Lollis was sprayed by police. However, the unconscious man was brought through the crowd to the officers. It is unclear what happened afterwards.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): James
- Last Name(s): Lollis
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-671
- Arrest Location: Greer, SC
- Judge: Beryl Howell
- Entry Last Updated: 04/28/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/28/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover James Lollis's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds, Parading Demonstrating or Picketing in the Capitol. (1)
Lollis was arrested on 9/8/21 and appeared in court on 9/20/21. He was released on personal recognizance on 9/20/21. He entered a plea of guilty on 11/22/21. On 2/17/2022 he was sentenced on Count 1 to serve a term of thirty-six (36) months Probation with a condition of home detention; the Defendant shall pay a $10.00 special assessment and a $500.00 restitution
Christopher Amore DOJ-USAO District of New Jersey 970 Broad Street Ste 700 Newark, NJ 07102 973-645-2757 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- James Douglas Lollis Jr Docket Sheet as of 04/28/2022
- #1-Criminal Complaint
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to JAMES DOUGLAS LOLLIS, JR
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to JAMES DOUGLAS LOLLIS JR
- #7-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to JAMES DOUGLAS LOLLIS JR
- #14-STANDING ORDER. Signed by Chief Judge Beryl A. Howell
- #15-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #16-NOTICE of Submission of Photo and Video Evidence by USA as to JAMES DOUGLAS LOLLIS, JR
- #18-PLEA AGREEMENT as to JAMES DOUGLAS LOLLIS JR
- #19-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA, JAMES DOUGLAS LOLLIS JR
- #20-SUBMISSION by the United States in Support of Guilty Plea as to JAMES DOUGLAS LOLLIS JR_
- #24-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to JAMES DOUGLAS LOLLIS, JR
- #25-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by JAMES DOUGLAS LOLLIS, JR
- #26-STATUS REPORT Regarding Discovery as of February 9, 2022 by USA as to JAMES DOUGLAS LOLLIS, JR
- #27-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Laura Elizabeth Hill appearing for USA
- #29-NOTICE of Submission of Video Evidence in Support of Sentencing by USA as to JAMES DOUGLAS LOLLIS, JR
- #32-JUDGMENT as to JAMES DOUGLAS LOLLIS, JR.
In the news
- Coming soon