Bonet posted the above photo of himself smoking inside the Capitol.
He chanted with the crowd as he walked throughout the building. There is no evidence he engaged in violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): James
- Last Name(s): Bonet
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-121
- Arrest Location: Albany, NY
- Judge: Emmet Sullivan
- Entry Last Updated: 09/08/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 08/29/2021
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover James Bonet's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building; Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building
Bonet was arrested on 1/27/21 and appeared in court on 2/12. He plead not guilty to all counts. The next status conference is set for 10/14 at 2 30 pm.
Alexis Jane Loeb
Alexis Jane Loeb US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CA 450 Golden Gate Ave, 11th Floor San Francisco, CA 94102 415 436 7168-FAX 415 436 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-DESIGNATION: US Assistant Attorney
Christopher Berridge US ATTORNEY's OFFICE FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 555 Fourth St, NW- Washington, DC 20001 202 252 [email protected], TERMINATED 2/24/21-LEAD ATTORNEY Designation: US Assistant Attorney
NA-Released on personal recognizance.
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT AS TO JAMES BONET
- #3-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to JAMES BONET
- #5-INFORMATION as to JAMES BONET
- #10-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA. Attorney Loeb, Alexis Jane added. Substituting for attorney CHRISTOPHER BERRIDGE
- #11-NOTICE of Discovery Correspondence by USA as to JAMES BONET
- #12-Arrest Warrant, dated 1.26.2021, returned executed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on 2.10.2021 as to Defendant JAMES BONET
- #13-MOTION for Disclosure of Discovery by USA as to JAMES BONET
- #14-NOTICE of Discovery Correspondence by USA as to JAMES BONET
- #17-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Lisa Peebles appearing for JAMES BONET
- #18-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to JAMES BONET
- #20-Unopposed MOTION to Continue and Exclude Time by USA as to JAMES BONET
- #23-NOTICE of Discovery Correspondence by USA as to JAMES BONET
- #24-NOTICE of Discovery Correspondence by USA as to JAMES BONET
- #25-SUPERSEDING INDICTMENT as to JAMES BONET
- #28-NOTICE of Discovery Correspondence by USA as to JAMES BONET
- #30-NOTICE of Discovery Correspondence by USA as to JAMES BONET
- #31-MEMORANDUM REGARDING STATUS OF DISCOVERY by USA as to JAMES BONET
- Docket Download-6.13.21
In the news
- Coming soon