Breheny attended the event on Jan. 6th with members of his local Oathkeepers chapter.
He told police he was pushed inside the building by the stampede of people rushing through the doors. He didn’t know he wasn’t supposed to enter because police never told him or others to leave. Breheny took only one photo while he was there.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): James
- Last Name(s): Breheny
- Case Number: 21-mj-434
- Arrest Location: Woodland Park, NJ
- Judge: G. Michael Harvey
- Entry Last Updated: 04/27/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/27/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover James Breheny's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
"1752 (a)(1) & (2) - Restricted Building or Grounds 5104 (e)(2)(D) & (G) - Violent Entry or Disorderly Conduct 1512 (c)(1) & (2) - Impeded an Official Proceeding"
Breheny self-surrendered on 5/20/21. Released on personal recognizance on 06/03/21. His last status hearing took place on 5/5/2022. There is another status hearing on 6/30 at 1pm virtually.
Louis J. Manzo DOJ-CRM 1400 New York Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20002- 202 616 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
NA-Released on personal recognizance.
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- James Breheny Docket Sheet as of 04/27/2022
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to JAMES BREHENY
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to JAMES BREHENY
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 5.20.2021 Woodland Park, NJ as to JAMES BREHENY
- #8-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to JAMES BREHENY (1) Personal Recognizance.
- #9-Consent MOTION for Speedy Trial Tolling by USA as to JAMES BREHENY
- #11-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to JAMES BREHENY
- #12-ORDER granting 11 Motion to Continue Status Hearing as to JAMES BREHENY
- #14-MOTION to Continue by USA as to JAMES BREHENY
- #17-Joint MOTION to Continue by USA as to JAMES BREHENY.
- #19-ORDER Granting 17 Joint MOTION to Continue by USA as to JAMES BREHENY
- #21-ORDER Granting 20 Motion for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice
- #22-Consent MOTION to Continue by USA as to JAMES BREHENY_
- #23-ORDER granting 22 Motion to Continue Status Hearing as to JAMES BREHENY
- #25-STATUS REPORT Regarding Status of Discovery by USA as to JAMES BREHENY
- #26-Consent MOTION to Continue and Toll by USA as to JAMES BREHENY
- #28-ORDER granting 26 Motion to Continue Status Hearing as to JAMES BREHENY
- #29-Consent MOTION to Continue by USA as to JAMES BREHENY
- #31-ORDER granting 29 Motion to Continue Status Hearing and exclude time as to JAMES BREHENY
In the news
- Coming soon