Wilson entered the Capitol and followed the crowd to the Senate Gallery. Those around him allegedly assaulted police officers, but it doesn’t appear Wilson engaged in violence.
In a discussion with other co-defendants and police, he told police “We came all the way from our jobs to do your job and the freaking senators’ job.”
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Gary
- Last Name(s): Wilson
- Case Number: 1:21-mj-596
- Judge: Robin Meriweather
- Entry Last Updated: 05/07/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/25/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Gary Wilson's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Obstruction of an Official Proceeding and Aiding & Abetting (1) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (3) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (4) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (5) Entering and Remaining in the Gallery of Congress (6)
Wilson was arrested on 9/13/21. Place on standard conditions of release on 09/16/21. A preliminary hearing was set for 11/4/21. Preliminary Hearing continued to 5/3/2022 at 1:00 PM by Telephonic/VTC before Magistrate Judge Robin M. Meriweather.
Elizabeth C. Kelley U.S. ATTORNEY'S OFFICE 555 4th Street, N.W. Washington, DC 20350 202-252-7238 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
James Dennis Peterson
James Dennis Peterson DOJ-CRM 1331 F Street 6th Floor Washington, DC 20530 202-230-0693 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
NA-Released on personal recognizance.
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Gary Wilson Docket Sheet as of 04/25/2022
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to GARY WILSON
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to GARY WILSON
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to GARY WILSON
- #5-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to GARY WILSON from US District Court for the Central District of Utah
- #6-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #7-MOTION Inquire into Potential Conflict by USA as to GARY WILSO
- #9-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #10-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to GARY WILSON
- #11-Consent MOTION for Protective Order by Government by USA as to GARY WILSON
- #12-Unopposed Mot. for Protective Order
- #13-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Letter by USA as to GARY WILSON
- #14-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Letter by USA as to GARY WILSON
- #15-NOTICE of Status of Discovery as of October 21, 2021 by USA as to GARY WILSON
- #16-MOTION for Disclosure of Fed. R. Crim. Pro. 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to GARY WILSON
- #17-NOTICE of Filing by USA as to GARY WILSON re 16 MOTION for Disclosure of Fed. R. Crim. Pro. 6(e) and Sealed Materials
- #18-Unopposed MOTION to Continue and Exclude Time by USA as to GARY WILSON
- #20-ORDER Granting 18 Unopposed MOTION to Continue and Exclude Time by USA as to GARY WILSON (
- #21-STATUS REPORT Regarding Status of Discovery by USA as to GARY WILSON
- #22-Consent MOTION to Continue and Exclude Time under STA by USA as to GARY WILSON_
- #25-ORDER granting 22 _ 23 United States' Unopposed Motion to Continue and to Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act as to Defendant GARY WILSON;
- #26- PRETRIAL MEMORANDUM Regarding Status of Discovery by USA as to GARY WILSON
- #27-UNOPPOSED MOTION to Continue and Exclude Time under STA by USA as to GARY WILSON
- #29-ORDER granting 27 Motion to Continue Preliminary Hearing as to GARY WILSON
- #30-Consent MOTION to Continue and Toll Under STA by USA as to GARY WILSON
- #32-ORDER granting 30 Motion to Continue Preliminary Hearing and exclude time as to GARY WILSON
In the news
- Coming soon