Gary Edwards was present at the Capitol on Jan. 6th. He is seen walking through the hallways, talking on a cell phone and taking pictures. He entered an office and sat down. There is no proof he engaged in violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Gary
- Last Name(s): Edwards
- Case Number: 21-cr-366
- Arrest Location: Churchville, PA
- Judge: Zia Faruqui
- Judge: James Boasberg
- Entry Last Updated: 04/24/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/24/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Gary Edwards's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
"Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds without Lawful Authority (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disruption of Official Business (3) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds (4) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (5)
Edwards was arrested on 5/4/21 and appeared in court the same day. He pleaded not guilty to all counts on 05/26/21 (new case #21-cr-00366). On 09/27/21, a plea of guilty as to count 5 was entered by Edwards. Sentencing held on 12/20/2021, sentenced to one (1) year of Probation, a $2500 Fine, $500 in Restitution, and a $10 Special Assessment on count 5. Oral motion by the Government to "dismiss the remaining counts", heard and granted.
Christopher Amore DOJ-USAO District of New Jersey 970 Broad Street, Ste 700-Newark, NJ 07102 973 645 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: Us Assistant Attorney
Gary Edwards's Mailing Address
NA-Released with standard conditions.
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Gary Edwards NEW CASE #21-cr-00366 Docket Sheet as of 04/24/2022
- Gary Edwards CASE CLOSED #21-mj-00393 Docket Sheet as of 04/24/2022
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to GARY EDWARDS
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to GARY EDWARDS
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to GARY EDWARDS
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 5.4.2021 in Churchville, PA as to GARY EDWARDS
- #7-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Adam D. Harris appearing for GARY EDWARDS
- #9-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to GARY EDWARDS from US District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania Case Number
- #11-Unopposed MOTION to Continue and to Exlclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to GARY EDWARDS_
- #12-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to GARY EDWARDS
- #14- ORDER granting  Motion for Protective Order as to GARY EDWARDS
- #15-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release
- #16- Unopposed MOTION Travel outside of continental US by GARY EDWARDS
- #17-STATUS REPORT Regarding Discovery by USA as to GARY EDWARDS
- #18-Unopposed MOTION to Continue and to Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to GARY EDWARDS_
- #22-PLEA AGREEMENT as to GARY EDWARDS
- #23-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA as to GARY EDWARDS
- #27-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to GARY EDWARDS
- #28-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by GARY EDWARDS
- #29-JUDGMENT as to GARY EDWARDS
- #31-MOTION Amend probation to allow out of state travel by GARY EDWARDS
- #32-Memorandum in Opposition by USA as to GARY EDWARDS
- #34-ORDER granting 31 Motion to Travel as to GARY EDWARDS
In the news
- Coming soon