Duong attended the event to observe and watch what was going on “like a journalist.” He believed Antifa members entered around the same time as Trump supporters.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Fi
- Last Name(s): Duong
- AKA: "Jim," "Monkey," "Monkey King."
- Case Number: 21-cr-541
- Arrest Location: Alexandria, VA
- Judge: Robin Meriweather
- Judge: Paul Friendman (current)
- Entry Last Updated: 05/06/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/24/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Fi Duong's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
TAMPERING WITH A WITNESS, VICTIM OR INFORMANT; Obstruction of an Official Proceeding and Aiding and Abetting. (1) TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds. (2) TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds. (3) VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building. (4) VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (5)
Duong was arrested on 7/1. His preliminary hearing took place on 9/3/21. Released via a High Intensity Supervision Program (24-hour home confinement, GPS monitoring, and other conditions.) on 07/02/21. On 9/17/21, he pleaded not guilty to all counts. Status Conference reset for 5/11/2022 at 2:00 PM before Judge Paul L. Friedman via zoom video.
Stuart Douglas Allen US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE-DC 555 4th Street, NW Washington, DC 20530 202 252 7794 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant US Attorney
Released-on home incarceration (High Intensity Supervision Program.)
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Fi Duong Docket Sheet as of 04/24/2022
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to FI DUONG (1)
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to FI DUONG
- #6-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 7.2.2021 as to FI DUONG
- #8-ORDER Setting Conditions for High Intensity Supervision Program as to Fi Duong
- #9-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 7.1.2021 in Alexandria, VA as to FI DUONG
- #11-INDICTMENT as to FI DUONG
- #14-NOTICE Regarding Status of Discovery as of July 12, 2021 by USA as to FI DUONG
- #15-NOTICE Regarding Status of Discovery as of August 23, 2021 by USA as to FI DUONG
- #16-NOTICE Regarding Status of Discovery by USA as to FI DUONG
- #17-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to FI DUONG
- #18-ORDER as to FI DUONG
- #19-NOTICE re Exclusion of Time Under Speedy Trial Act Nunc Pro Tunc by USA as to FI DUONG
- #20-NOTICE Regarding Status of Discovery by USA as to FI DUONG
- #21-MOTION for Order to disclose 6e and sealed materials by USA as to FI DUONG
- #22-ORDER granting 21 the government's unopposed motion for an order to disclose items protected by FRCP 6(e) and sealed materials
- #23-NOTICE Regarding Status of Discovery by USA as to FI DUONG
- #24-MOTION to Continue December 7, 2021 status conference by FI DUONG
- #25-MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release by FI DUONG
- #26-ORDER as to FI DUONG (1) granting 25 defendant's Motion to Modify Conditions of Release
- #27-MOTION to Continue February 8, 2022 Status Conference by FI DUONG
- #29-NOTICE Regarding Status of Discovery by USA as to FI DUONG
- #30-Joint STATUS REPORT by USA as to FI DUONG
- #31-Joint MOTION to Continue Status Hearing by USA as to FI DUONG_
In the news
- Coming soon