Schwemmer and a friend entered the Capitol through an open door. She claimed “no police officer told them to stop.” She stated “police were around them and letting them walk around.”
She exited the building peacefully with her friend, stating the building seemed “messy and smelled bad.”
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Esther
- Last Name(s): Schwemmer
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-364
- Arrest Location: Kansas City, KS
- Judge: Dabney Friedrich
- Entry Last Updated: 04/23/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 10/12/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Esther Schwemmer's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
18:1752(a)(1); TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building. (1) 18:1752(a)(2); TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building. (2) 40:5104(e)(2)(D); VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building. (3) 40:5104(e)(2)(G); VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building. (4)
Schwemmer was arrested on 4/23/21. She pleaded guilty to count 4 on 9/28. Her sentencing is set for 12/21/
Anita Eve U.S. ATTORNEY'S OFFICE/PA 615 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19106 (215) 861-8577 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
NA-Released on personal recognizance.
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to ESTHER SCHWEMMER
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to ESTHER SCHWEMMER
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to ESTHER SCHWEMMER
- #5-MOTION to Unseal Case by USA as to ESTHER SCHWEMMER
- #6-ORDER Granting MOTION to Unseal Case by USA as to ESTHER SCHWEMMER
- #8-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #9-INFORMATION as to ESTHER SCHWEMMER
- #11-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to ESTHER SCHWEMMER from US District Court for the District of Kansas
- #12-Arrest Warrant, dated 4.15.2021, returned executed on 5.6.2021 in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia as to Defendant ESTHER SCHWEMMER.
- #13-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release
- #17-First MOTION for Protective Order
- #18-ORDER granting the 17 Unopposed Motion for Protective Order as to ESTHER SCHWEMMER
- #20-MOTION to Continue Hearing by ESTHER SCHWEMMER
- #21-Consent MOTION to Continue Hearing, Consent MOTION for Speedy Trial to Exclude Time by ESTHER SCHWEMMER
- #22-PLEA AGREEMENT as to ESTHER SCHWEMMER
- #23-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA, ESTHER SCHWEMMER as to ESTHER SCHWEMMER
- #24-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to ESTHER SCHWEMMER
- Docket Download-10.12.21
In the news
- Coming soon