Herrera entered the Capitol and allegedly posted a photo of himself and others in a government office.
He was messaging back and forth on social media about his presence at the event. However, there is no evidence he engaged in violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Erik
- Last Name(s): Herrera
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-619
- Arrest Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Judge: Beryl Howell
- Entry Last Updated: 05/02/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/23/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Erik Herrera's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Tampering with a Witness, Victim, or Informant-Obstruction of an Official Proceeding and Aiding and Abetting (1) Temporary Residence of the President-Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds-Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct Capitol Grounds-Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Herrera was arrested on 8/19/21 and appeared in court on 9/9/21. On 09/09/21, he was released on personal recognizance. He pled not guilty to all counts during a 10/15/21 arraignment. On 03/30/22, it was ordered that the Status Hearing currently scheduled for April 1, 2022, be continued to April 29, 2022 before Chief Judge Beryl A. Howell.
John Witherspoon Borchert. US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA- Criminal Division 555 Fourth Street, NW Washington, DC 20001 202 252 7679 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant US Attorney
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Erik Herrera Docket Sheet as of 04/23/2022
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to ERIK HERRERA
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to ERIK HERRERA
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to ERIK HERRERA
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 8.19.2021 as to ERIK HERRERA
- #6-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to ERIK HERRERA
- #8-INDICTMENT as to ERIK HERRERA
- #10-STANDING ORDER. Signed by Chief Judge Beryl A. Howell
- #11-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #12-NOTICE of Filing by USA as to ERIK HERRERA
- #13-STATUS REPORT Regarding Discovery as of October 21, 2021 by USA as to ERIK HERRERA
- #14-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order Regarding Discovery by USA as to ERIK HERRERA
- #15-PROTECTIVE ORDER as to ERIK HERRERA
- #16-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Hearing and Exlude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to ERIK HERRERA
- #17-STATUS REPORT Regarding Discovery as of November 5, 2021 by USA as to ERIK HERRERA
- #19-NOTICE of Attachment _A_ To Defendant's Acceptance by ERIK HERRERA
- #20-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to ERIK HERRERA
- #22-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Hearing and to Exclude Time under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to ERIK HERRERA_
- #25-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Hearing, Unopposed MOTION to Exclude Time from Speedy Trial Act Calculation by USA as to ERIK HERRERA_
- #27-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Hearing, Unopposed MOTION to Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to ERIK HERRERA_
- #28-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #29- NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Christopher Matthew Cook appearing for USA
- #30-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Hearing, Unopposed MOTION to Exclude Time under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to ERIK HERRERA_
- #31-MOTION to Withdraw as Attorney by John Borchert. by USA as to ERIK HERRERA_
In the news
- Coming soon