Spain told police he entered the Capitol after he “heard shots had been fired on the Senate floor.” It doesn’t appear he engaged in violence or vandalized government property.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Edward
- Last Name(s): Spain
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-651
- Arrest Location: Tulsa, OK
- Judge: Dabney Friedrich
- Entry Last Updated: 12/20/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/22/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Edward Spain's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building. (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building. (2) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building.(3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Spain was arrested on 10/7/21. He appeared in court on 10/12/21. Conditions of release were also set on 10/12. On 02/01/2022, Spain entered a plea of guilty as to count 4 (Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building). Sentencing held on 5/4/2022, he was sentenced to 36 months of probation, $500 restitution and $10 special assessment.
Anita Eve U.S. ATTORNEY'S OFFICE/PA 615 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19106 (215) 861-8577 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Edward Spain, Jr.'s Mailing Address
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Edward Spain Jr Docket Sheet as of 04/22/2022
- #1-COMPLAINT as to EDWARD T. SPAIN, JR
- #4-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 10.7.2021 as to EDWARD T. SPAIN, JR
- #8-INFORMATION as to EDWARD T. SPAIN, JR
- #10 First MOTION for Protective Order Unopposed by USA as to EDWARD T. SPAIN, JR.
- #12 NOTICE of filing by EDWARD T. SPAIN, JR
- #12 a) Exhibit
- #13 ORDER granting the parties' 10 Motion for a Protective Order. Signed by Judge Dabney L. Friedrich on December 20, 2021.
- #14 MOTION to Continue by USA as to EDWARD T. SPAIN, JR.
- #15 PLEA AGREEMENT as to EDWARD T. SPAIN, JR
- #16 STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA, EDWARD T. SPAIN, JR as to EDWARD T. SPAIN, JR
- #20 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to EDWARD T. SPAIN, JR
- #20 a) Exhibit Table of Sentences
- #21 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by EDWARD T. SPAIN, JR
- #22 REPLY by EDWARD T. SPAIN, JR re  Sentencing Memorandum
- #24 JUDGMENT as to EDWARD T. SPAIN, JR. Statement of Reasons Not Included. Signed by Judge Dabney L. Friedrich on 5/11/2022.
In the news
- Coming soon