Spain told police he entered the Capitol after he “heard shots had been fired on the Senate floor.” It doesn’t appear he engaged in violence or vandalized government property.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Edward
- Last Name(s): Spain
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-651
- Arrest Location: Tulsa, OK
- Judge: Dabney Friedrich
- Entry Last Updated: 04/22/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/22/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Edward Spain's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building. (1) TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building. (2) VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building.(3) VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building. (4)
Spain was arrested on 10/7/21. He appeared in court on 10/12/21. Conditions of release were also set on 10/12. On 02/01/2022, Spain entered a plea of guilty as to count 4 (Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building). Sentencing set for 4/28/2022 at 1:00 PM via video before Judge Dabney L. Friedrich.
Anita Eve U.S. ATTORNEY'S OFFICE/PA 615 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19106 (215) 861-8577 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Edward Spain Jr Docket Sheet as of 04/22/2022
- #1-COMPLAINT as to EDWARD T. SPAIN, JR
- #4-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 10.7.2021 as to EDWARD T. SPAIN, JR
- #8-INFORMATION as to EDWARD T. SPAIN, JR
- #9-NOTICE of filing of amended declaration by EDWARD MCALANIS
- #10-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to EDWARD MCALANIS
- #11-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #14-PLEA AGREEMENT as to EDWARD MCALANIS
- #15-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA, EDWARD MCALANIS as to EDWARD MCALANIS
- #16-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to EDWARD MCALANIS from US District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- #18-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by EDWARD MCALANIS
- #19-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to EDWARD MCALANIS
- #25-JUDGMENT as to EDWARD MCALANIS
- #26-AMENDED JUDGMENT as to EDWARD MCALANIS
In the news
- Coming soon