McAlanis is seen on surveillance walking inside the Capitol Rotunda. He took a picture of himself next to a statue, but doesn’t appear to have engaged in violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Edward
- Last Name(s): McAlanis
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-516
- Arrest Location: Stevens, PA
- Judge: Dabney Friedrich
- Entry Last Updated: 04/22/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/22/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Edward McAlanis's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building. (1) TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building. (2) VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building. (4)
McAlanis was arrested on 7/20. His arraignment took place on 8/27. He pleaded not guilty to all counts. Then on 11/22/21, he pleaded guilty to count 4. On 02/15/2022, McAlanis was sentenced to two (2) years of probation, $500 in restitution and $10 special assessment.
Anita Eve U.S. ATTORNEY'S OFFICE/PA 615 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19106 (215) 861-8577 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Edward McAlanis Docket Sheet as of 04/22/2022
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to EDWARD MCALANIS
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to EDWARD MCALANIS
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to EDWARD MCALANIS
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 7.20.2021 in Stevens, Pennsylvania as to EDWARD MCALANIS
- #6-INFORMATION as to EDWARD MCALANIS
- #8-MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Frank Sluzis
- #9-NOTICE of filing of amended declaration by EDWARD MCALANIS
- #10-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to EDWARD MCALANIS
- #11-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #14-PLEA AGREEMENT as to EDWARD MCALANIS
- #15-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA, EDWARD MCALANIS as to EDWARD MCALANIS
- #16-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to EDWARD MCALANIS from US District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- #18-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by EDWARD MCALANIS
- #19-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to EDWARD MCALANIS
- #25-JUDGMENT as to EDWARD MCALANIS
- #26-AMENDED JUDGMENT as to EDWARD MCALANIS
In the news
- Coming soon