Dempsey allegedly attacked law enforcement with a pole and a crutch. He also tried to pepper spray officers. Before the rally, he recorded a video alone with a gallows hanging in the background. He said, among other things: “Hopefully, one day soon we really have someone hanging from one of these…”
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): David
- Last Name(s): Dempsey
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-566
- Arrest Location: Van Nuys, CA
- Judge: Royce Lamberth
- Entry Last Updated: 08/26/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 10/06/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover David Dempsey's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
CIVIL DISORDER; Civil Disorder(1) TAMPERING WITH A WITNESS, VICTIM OR INFORMANT; Obstruction of an Official Proceeding and Aiding and Abetting (2) ASSAULTING/RESISTING/IMPEDING OFFICERS/EMPLOYEES; Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers and Aiding and Abetting (3) ASSAULTING/RESISTING/IMPEDING OFFICERS/EMPLOYEES; Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers Using a Dangerous Weapon (4-6) TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon (7) TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon (8) TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon (9) VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building and Aiding and Abetting(10) VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings
Dempsey was arrested on 8/26 and appeared in court on 9/27. The next status hearing is scheduled for 10/18.
Katherine Nielsen DOJ-CRM Fraud Section 1400 New York Ave., NW Washington, DC 20530 202-355-5736 Email: [email protected]usdoj.gov LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to DAVID NICHOLAS DEMPSEY
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to DAVID NICHOLAS DEMPSEY
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 8.26.2021 as to DAVID NICHOLAS DEMPSEY.
- Docket Download-10.6.21
- #6-INDICTMENT as to DAVID NICHOLAS DEMPSEY
In the news
- Coming soon