Ticas posted an Instagram story about himself at the Capitol on Jan. 6th. (It was taken down by the site.)
He indicated he “was there to have my voice heard.” He appears to be filming and taking pictures on his cell phone, but there no evidence he engaged in violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): David
- Last Name(s): Ticas
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-601
- Arrest Location: Brea, CA
- Judge: John Bates
- Entry Last Updated: 04/18/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/18/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover David Ticas's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building. (1) TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds. (2) VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building. (3) VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building. (4)
Ticas was arrested on 9/23/21 and appeared in court on 9/29. On 09/29/21, he pleaded not guilty to all counts. Status Conference held on 4/22/2022. There is a plea agreement hearing on 4/26 at 11 am via Zoom. Ticas remains released on personal recognizance.
Hava Levinson Mirell
Hava Arin Levenson Mirell U.S. ATTORNEY'S OFFICE 312 N. Spring St. Suite 1200 Los Angeles, CA 90012 213-894-0717 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- David Antonio Ticas Docket Sheet as of 04/18/2022
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to DAVID ANTONIO TICAS
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to DAVID ANTONIO TICAS
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to DAVID ANTONIO TICAS
- #6-INFORMATION as to DAVID ANTONIO TICAS
- #14-PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material
- #15-ORDER- Granting 12 Motion for Disclosure as to DAVID ANTONIO TICAS
- #18-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Memoranda by USA as to DAVID ANTONIO TICAS
- #19-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Memorandum by USA as to DAVID ANTONIO TICAS
- #22-NOTICE of Proposed Order For Return of Passport by DAVID ANTONIO TICAS
- #23-ORDER as to DAVID ANTONIO TICAS
- #25-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Memorandum by USA as to DAVID ANTONIO TICAS
- #26-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Andrew J. Tessman appearing for USA
- #27-AMENDED INFORMATION by USA as to DAVID ANTONIO TICAS
In the news
- Coming soon