Ticas posted an Instagram story about himself at the Capitol on Jan. 6th. (It was taken down by the site.)
He indicated he “was there to have my voice heard.” He appears to be filming and taking pictures on his cell phone, but there no evidence he engaged in violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): David
- Last Name(s): Ticas
- Case Number: 21-cr-601
- Arrest Location: Brea, CA
- Judge: John Bates
- Entry Last Updated: 12/07/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/18/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover David Ticas's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Ticas was arrested on 9/23/21 and appeared in court on 9/29. On 09/29/21, he pleaded not guilty to all counts. On 4/26/22, Ticas entered a plea of guilty to count 4. Sentencing held on 7/15/22 before Judge John D. Bates, sentenced to 14 days of incarceration followed by 24 months of Probation. Special Assessment of $10.00 and Restitution in the amount of $500.00. Counts 1, 2 and 3 are dismissed on government's oral motion.
Hava Levinson Mirell
Hava Arin Levenson Mirell U.S. ATTORNEY'S OFFICE 312 N. Spring St. Suite 1200 Los Angeles, CA 90012 213-894-0717 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Andrew J. Tessman
Assistant United States Attorney Federal Major Crimes – Detailee West Virginia Bar No. 13734 300 Virginia Street Charleston, WV 25301 Phone-(304)-345-2200 Email- [email protected]
David Antonio Ticas's Mailing Address
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- David Antonio Ticas Docket Sheet as of 04/18/2022
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to DAVID ANTONIO TICAS
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to DAVID ANTONIO TICAS
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to DAVID ANTONIO TICAS
- #6-INFORMATION as to DAVID ANTONIO TICAS
- #14-PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material
- #15-ORDER- Granting 12 Motion for Disclosure as to DAVID ANTONIO TICAS
- #18-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Memoranda by USA as to DAVID ANTONIO TICAS
- #19-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Memorandum by USA as to DAVID ANTONIO TICAS
- #22-NOTICE of Proposed Order For Return of Passport by DAVID ANTONIO TICAS
- #23-ORDER as to DAVID ANTONIO TICAS
- #25-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Memorandum by USA as to DAVID ANTONIO TICAS
- #26-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Andrew J. Tessman appearing for USA
- #27-AMENDED INFORMATION by USA as to DAVID ANTONIO TICAS
- #29 PLEA AGREEMENT as to DAVID ANTONIO TICAS
- #30 STATEMENT OF OFFENSE as to DAVID ANTONIO TICAS
- #31 WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to DAVID ANTONIO TICAS. Approved by Judge John D. Bates on 04/26/2022
- #33 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by DAVID ANTONIO TICAS
- #33 a) Exhibit A-J
- #34 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to DAVID ANTONIO TICAS
- #34 a) Supplement Table of Sentences
- #37 RESPONSE by DAVID ANTONIO TICAS Response to Government's Sentencing Memorandum
- #38 REPLY by USA as to DAVID ANTONIO TICAS re  Response to document  Sentencing Memorandum
- #40 JUDGMENT as to DAVID ANTONIO TICAS. Statement of Reasons Not Included. Signed by Judge John D. Bates on 7/18/2022.
- #44 Application for Access to Video Exhibits by PRESS COALITION as to DAVID ANTONIO TICAS
- #45 RESPONSE TO ORDER OF THE COURT by USA as to DAVID ANTONIO TICAS re Order, ,  Application for Access to Video Exhibits
- #46 MOTION for Return of Passport Ex Parte for Return of Passport by DAVID ANTONIO TICAS.
- #46 a) Proposed Order
- #46 b) Exhibit A-C
In the news
- Coming soon