Video footage shows Goodywn was present at the Capitol on Jan. 6th. He was ordered out of the building by Capitol Police and left.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Daniel
- Last Name(s): Goodwyn
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-153
- Arrest Location: Corinth, TX
- Judge: Reggie Walton
- Entry Last Updated: 04/23/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/18/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support Daniel Goodwyn: Click here to help cover Daniel's legal and living expenses
Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority (1) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds (2) Obstruction of an Official Proceeding (3) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (4) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (5)
Goodwyn was arrested on 1/29/2021. He was indicted on 2/24. Conditions of release (personal recognizance, home detention) were set on 03/12/21. The home detention condition was lifted on 03/22/2022. Status Conference set for 6/16/2022 at 09:00 AM by Telephonic/VTC before Judge Reggie B. Walton.
Christopher Berridge US ATTORNEY"S OFFICE FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 555 4th St NW, Washington DC 20001 202 252 [email protected], TERMINATED 2/25/21 LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Lucy Sun US DOJ-USAO 595 Main Street, Worcester, MA 01608 508 368 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Daniel Goodwyn Docket Sheet as of 04/18/2022
- #1-COMPLAINT as to DANIEL GOODWYN
- #3-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Christopher Berridge appearing for USA.
- #4-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA. Attorney Sun, Lucy added.
- #5-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to DANIEL GOODWYN
- #6-INDICTMENT as to DANIEL GOODWYN
- #8-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA. Attorney Sun, Lucy added
- #9-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- John Daniel Hull, IV appearing for DANIEL GOODWYN
- #10-Unopposed MOTION to Continue and Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to DANIEL GOODWYN
- #11-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to DANIEL GOODWYN
- #12-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to DANIEL GOODWYN
- #13-INDICTMENT as to JOHN HERBERT STRAND
- #14-GENERAL ORDER GOVERNING CRIMINAL CASES BEFORE THE HONORABLE REGGIE B. WALTON
- #15-ORDER. granting 10 Motion to Exclude as to DANIEL GOODWYN (1); granting 11 Motion for Protective Order as to DANIEL GOODWYN
- #16-PROTECTIVE ORDER. Setting forth procedures for handling confidential material; allowing designated material to be filed under seal as to DANIEL GOODWYN.
- #19-ORDER as to DANIEL GOODWYN
- #20-NOTICE OF FILING OF ACCEPTANCE OF PROTECTIVE ORDER by DANIEL GOODWYN
- #20-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA. Attorney Ayers-Perez, April Holly added
- #22-MOTION to Revoke the Defendant Daniel Goodwyn's Pretrial Release by USA as to DANIEL GOODWYN
- #23-ORDER as to DANIEL GOODWYN
- #24-NOTICE by DANIEL GOODWYN
- #25-ORDER as to DANIEL GOODWYN
- #26-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #27-MOTION to Withdraw as Attorney for Defendant by John Daniel Hull. by DANIEL GOODWYN
- #28-NOTICE MEMORANDUM REGARDING STATUS OF DISCOVERY Regarding Status of General Discovery by USA
- #30-ORDER as to DANIEL GOODWYN
- #31-MOTION for an Order to Disclose Items Protected By FRCP 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to DANIEL GOODWYN
- #32-NOTICE Regarding Status of General Discovery by USA as to DANIEL GOODWYN
- #33-NOTICE of the Government's Discovery Update by USA as to DANIEL GOODWYN
- #34-SUPERSEDING INDICTMENT as to DANIEL GOODWYN
- #36-ORDER, granting 31 Motion for Disclosure as to DANIEL GOODWYN
- #38-ORDER, as to DANIEL GOODWYN
- #39-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL
- #40-STATUS REPORT Regarding Status of Discovery as of 2-9-22 by USA as to DANIEL GOODWYN
- #41-MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release by DANIEL GOODWYN
- #42-ORDER granting  Motion to Modify Conditions of Release as to DANIEL GOODWYN
- #43-MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release by DANIEL GOODWYN
- #44-ORDER, granting  Motion to Modify Conditions of Release as to DANIEL GOODWYN
- #46-Unopposed MOTION to Strike by USA as to DANIEL GOODWYN
In the news
- Coming soon