Video footage shows Jones walking inside of the Capitol on Jan. 6th. He appears to be filming activities. There is no documentation of him engaging in violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Caleb
- Last Name(s): Jones
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-321
- Arrest Location: Columbus, OH
- Judge: James Boasberg
- Entry Last Updated: 07/28/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 07/14/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Caleb Jones's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
18:1752(a)(1); TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building (1) 18:1752(a)(2); TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building (2) 40:5104(e)(2)(D); VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) 40:5104(e)(2)(G); VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Jones was arrested on 3/27/21. His initially appeared in court on 3/29. He pleaded not guilty on 5/4. He later plead guilty to count 4. Sentencing is set for 12/1.
Brittany LaShaune Reed US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE 645- Poydras Street, #1600 Baton Rouge, LA-70130 504 680 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY- ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to CALEB JONES
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to CALEB JONES.
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to CALEB JONES
- #5-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Brittany LaShaune Reed appearing for USA
- #6-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 3.27.2021 in Columbus, OH as to CALEB JONES
- #8-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to CALEB JONES (1) Personal Recognizance
- #19-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA as to CALEB JONES
- #9-INFORMATION as to CALEB JONES
- #14-MOTION to Continue UNITED STATES UNOPPOSED MOTION TO CONTINUE AND TO EXCLUDE TIME UNDER THE SPEEDY TRIAL ACT by USA as to CALEB JONES.
- #21-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Samuel H. Shamansky appearing for CALEB JONES
- Docket Download-7.14.21
- Updated Docket-8.31.21
- #18-PLEA AGREEMENT as to CALEB JONES
In the news
- Coming soon