Hentschel posted photos of herself at the Capitol on Jan. 6th. One of her threads said: ““The WASHINGTON DC POLICE DEPT murdered an UNARMED woman tonight! The media seems to keep leaving out the fact that it was the COPS who did that.”
Hentschel shared personal opinions and documented the event. However, she doesn’t appear to have engaged in violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Cara
- Last Name(s): Hentschel
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-667
- Judge: Florence Y. Pan
- Entry Last Updated: 04/12/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/13/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Cara Hentschel's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Hentschel was arrested on 10/4 and appeared in court on 10/7. Her arraignment took place on 12/2. She was released on personal recognizance. On 5/18/23, she plead guilty to count 4. On 9/30/22, she was sentenced to 36 months of probation and ordered to pay a special assessment in the amount of $10 as well as a $500 fine and $500 restitution.
Matthew Moeder DOJ-USAO 400 E. 9th Street Suite 5510 Kansas City, MO 64106 816-426-3122 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Cara Maureen Hentschel's Mailing Address
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Cara M Hentschel NEW CASE #21-cr-00667-237420 Docket Sheet as of 04/13/2022
- Cara M Hentschel CASE CLOSED #21-mj-00610 Docket Sheet as of 04/13/2022
- Docket Download-11.22.21
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to CARA HENTSCHEL (1), MAHAILYA PRYER
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to CARA HENTSCHEL, MAHAILYA PRYE
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to CARA HENTSCHEL (1), MAHAILYA PRYER
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 10.4.2021 as to CARA HENTSCHEL
- #9-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #11-ORDER Setting Conditions of Bond- Defendant CARA HENTSCHEL
- #17-INFORMATION as to CARA HENTSCHEL (1) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 4, MAHAILYA PRYER
- #19-STANDING ORDER
- #22-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure of Items Protected by Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to CARA HENTSCHEL, MAHAILYA PRY
- #25- NOTICE of United States' Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery as of February 9, 2022 by USA
- Hentschel-Plea Agreement
- Hentschel-Statement of Offense
- #41-MOTION to Continue sentencing hearing by USA as to CARA HENTSCHEL, MAHAILYA PRYER
- #43-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to CARA HENTSCHEL
- #45-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by CARA HENTSCHEL
- #51-JUDGMENT as to CARA HENTSCHEL
In the news
- Coming soon