Knutson allegedly climbed through a window and was livestreaming inside the Capitol. He allegedly spoke with police, but there is no further detail as to his activities inside the building.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Billy
- Last Name(s): Knutson
- Case Number: 22-cr-00031
- Arrest Location: Mitchell, South Dakota
- Judge: Florence Y. Pan
- Entry Last Updated: 08/21/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Billy Knutson's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Knutson was arrested on 1/12/22 and was indicted 1/24. On 2/11, he plead not guilty to all charges. On 4/18, he plead guilty to count 1. His sentencing takes place on 8/26/ at 1pm.
Joseph G. DeGaetano
- Knutson Complaint
- Knutson Statement of Facts
- INFORMATION as to BILLY KNUTSON
- #18-NOTICE OF FILING MEMORANDA REGARDING STATUS OF DISCOVERY AS OF FEBRUARY 9, 2022 by USA as to BILLY KNUTSON
- #19-NOTICE NOTICE OF FILING STATUS MEMORANDA REGARDING DISCOVERY by USA as to BILLY KNUTSON
- #20-SUPERSEDING INFORMATION as to BILLY KNUTSON
- #23-PLEA AGREEMENT as to BILLY KNUTSON
- #24-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE as to BILLY KNUTSON
- #25-AMENDED PLEA AGREEMENT as to BILLY KNUTSON
- #29-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to BILLY KNUTSON
In the news
- Coming soon