Knutson allegedly climbed through a window and was livestreaming inside the Capitol. He allegedly spoke with police, but there is no further detail as to his activities inside the building.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Billy
- Last Name(s): Knutson
- Case Number: 22-cr-00031
- Arrest Location: Mitchell, South Dakota
- Judge: Florence Y. Pan
- Entry Last Updated: 02/03/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 08/21/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support Billy Knutson: Click here to help cover Billy's legal and living expenses
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Knutson was arrested on 1/12/22 and on 01/20/2022, he was released on personal recognizance. He was indicted 1/24. On 2/11, he plead not guilty to all charges. On 4/18, he plead guilty to count 1 of the superseding information (doc #20). Sentencing held on 8/26/2022, sentenced to 6 months of incarceration; Followed by 12 months of Supervised Release. Special Assessment owed in the amount of $25. Restitution owed in the amount of $500. All remaining counts dismissed on oral motion by the government.
Joseph G. DeGaetano
TN Bar No. 021448 Assistant United States Attorney District of Columbia Capitol Riot Detailee 555 4th Street, NW Washington, D.C. 20530 Telephone No. (423) 385-1345 email- [email protected]
- #1 Knutson Complaint
- #1 a) Knutson Statement of Facts
- #6 Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 1/12/2022 as to BILLY KNUTSON
- #8 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: Matthew M. Powers appearing for BILLY KNUTSON
- #9 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Joseph Gaspar DeGaetano appearing for USA.
- #10 Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to BILLY KNUTSON.
- #11 Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure ITEMS PROTECTED BY FEDERAL RULE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE 6(e) AND SEALED MATERIALS by USA as to BILLY KNUTSON.
- #12 PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material; allowing designated material to be filed under seal as to BILLY KNUTSON. Signed by Magistrate Judge G. Michael Harvey on 1/22/2022.
- #13 ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to BILLY KNUTSON (1) Personal Recognizance. Signed by Magistrate Judge G. Michael Harvey on 1/20/2022.
- #14 INFORMATION as to BILLY KNUTSON (1) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 4.
- #18-NOTICE OF FILING MEMORANDA REGARDING STATUS OF DISCOVERY AS OF FEBRUARY 9, 2022 by USA as to BILLY KNUTSON
- #19-NOTICE NOTICE OF FILING STATUS MEMORANDA REGARDING DISCOVERY by USA as to BILLY KNUTSON
- #20-SUPERSEDING INFORMATION as to BILLY KNUTSON
- #23-PLEA AGREEMENT as to BILLY KNUTSON
- #24-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE as to BILLY KNUTSON
- #25-AMENDED PLEA AGREEMENT as to BILLY KNUTSON
- #29-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to BILLY KNUTSON
- #35 JUDGMENT as to BILLY KNUTSON. Statement of Reasons Not Included. Signed by Judge Florence Y. Pan on 8/30/2022.
In the news
- Coming soon