Sirr appeared in the Tunnel near where Roseanne Boyland was eventually killed by police. He is accused of moving his way towards those in the front of the police line, pushing them as the chant “Heave, ho” is heard around him.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Bernard
- Last Name(s): Sirr
- Case Number: 22-cr-00259
- Arrest Location: North Kingston, RI
- Judge: Trevor McFadden
- Entry Last Updated: 02/02/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 11/16/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Bernard Sirr's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Civil Disorder (1) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (3) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (5) Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds (7) Impeding Passage Through the Capitol Grounds or Building (8) Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings (9)
Sirr was arrested on 6/29/22. He appeared in court on 7/7 and was ordered released on personal recognizance. Indicted 7/27. On 7/28, he plead not guilty to all charges filed on a new indictment including fellow J6 defendant Luke Lints. On 1/27/23, a plea agreement was filed for Sirr that includes a guilty plea as to count 1.
STEPHEN J. RANCOURT Assistant United States Attorney 1601 D Street, N.W. Washington, DC 20530 [email protected] (806) 472-7398
- #1 Sirr Complaint
- #1 a) Sirr Statement of Facts
- #5-Arrest Warrant, dated 6_22_2022, Returned Executed on 6_29_2022 as to BERNARD JOSEPH SIRR
- #6-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #8-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to BERNARD JOSEPH SIRR
- #9-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE_ Robert Neil Driscoll appearing for BERNARD JOSEPH SIRR
- #10-NOTICE re WAIVER of a Rule 5.1 Preliminary Hearing by BERNARD JOSEPH SIRR
- #11-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to BERNARD JOSEPH SIRR
- #12-MOTION for Order to Disclose Items Protected by Fed. R. Crim. Proc. 6(e) and Sealed Materials, MOTION for Disclosure by USA as to BERNARD JOSEPH SIRR
- #13-PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material; allowing designated material to be filed under seal as to BERNARD JOSEPH SIRR
- #26 INDICTMENT as to BERNARD JOSEPH SIRR (1) count(s) 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, LUKE MICHAEL LINTS (2) count(s) 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9
- #31-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to BERNARD JOSEPH SIRR from United States District Court District of Rhode Island
- #32-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Ashley Akers appearing for USA
- #34 Joint MOTION for Hearing re Change of Plea by BERNARD JOSEPH SIRR.
- #37 PLEA AGREEMENT as to BERNARD JOSEPH SIRR (1)
- #38 STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA, BERNARD JOSEPH SIRR as to BERNARD JOSEPH SIRR (1)
- #39 WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to BERNARD JOSEPH SIRR (1). Approved by Judge Trevor N. McFadden on 1/27/2023.
In the news
- Coming soon