Photos and social media posts confirm Lunyk appeared at the Capitol on January 6th. However, no documentation suggests he engaged in violent activity.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Anton
- Last Name(s): Lunyk
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-410
- Arrest Location: Brooklyn, NY
- Judge: G. Michael Harvey
- Judge: Rudolph Contreras
- Entry Last Updated: 01/20/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/08/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Anton Lunyk's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building (2) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in aCapitol Building (4)
Lunyk was arrested on 5/11/21. He initially appeared in court on 5/20/21 and was released on personal recognizance. On 7/14, he pleaded not guilty to all counts. On 4/28/22, he plead guilty to count 4. Lunyk was sentenced on 9/15/22 to 12 months probation (including 2 months home confinement), $10 in a special assessment, $500 in restitution, and $742 in fines.
Amanda Fretto US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, National Security Section 555 4th St, NW, Washington, DC 20530 202 252 7268, [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED, Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Anton Lunyk's Mailing Address
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Anton Lunyk Docket Sheet as of 04/08/2022
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to ANTON LUNYK
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to ANTON LUNYK.
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to ANTON LUNYK
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 5.11.2021 in Brooklyn, NY as to ANTON LUNYK
- #8-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Michael D. Weil appearing for ANTON LUNYK
- #9-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release-Defendant ANTON LUNYK placed on Personal Recognizance Bond
- #10 INFORMATION as to ANTON LUNYK (1) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 4
- #12-NOTICE OF FILING by USA as to ANTON LUNYK
- #13-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to ANTON LUNYK
- #14-PROTECTIVE ORDER as to defendant ANTON LUNYK
- #15-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to ANTON LUNYK
- #17-NOTICE OF RELATED CASE by USA as to ANTON LUNYK
- #19- NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #20- NOTICE OF FILING by USA as to ANTON LUNYK
- #21-STATUS REPORT Regarding the Status of Discovery
- #23- MOTION to Vacate, MOTION to Continue, MOTION to Exclude TIME UNDER THE SPEEDY TRIAL ACT by USA
- #25-NOTICE OF FILING OF UNITED STATES MEMORANDUM REGARDING STATUS OF DISCOVERY
- #27-NOTICE OF WITHDRAWAL OF APPEARANCE
- #29- MOTION to Continue and Exclude Time by USA
- #31 SENTENCING SCHEDULING ORDER as to ANTON LUNYK. Signed by Judge Rudolph Contreras on 04/29/2022
- #32 STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by ANTON LUNYK.
- #33 PLEA AGREEMENT as to ANTON LUNYK.
- #37 NOTICE of Filings in Related Case by USA as to ANTON LUNYK
- #37 a) Defendant Ferrigno Motion to Continue Sentencing
- #37 b) Government's Opposition to Continuing Sentencing
- #38 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by ANTON LUNYK
- #38 a) Exhibit Letter to Court from Anton Lunyk
- #39 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to ANTON LUNYK
- #39 a) Appendix Table of Sentences Imposed in Capitol Siege Cases
- #39 b) Appendix Defendants' Instagram Messages
- #41 REPLY 39 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by ANTON LUNYK Modified on 8/31/2022
- #42 MINUTE ORDER as to ANTON LUNYK: The Probation Office's standard conditions of supervision are hereby attached, and the Court intends to impose such conditions as part of any court supervision in this matter. If the parties have any objections to these conditions, they must raise those objections at the sentencing hearing currently scheduled on September 15, 2022
- #44 JUDGMENT as to ANTON LUNYK. Statement of Reasons Not Included. Signed by Judge Rudolph Contreras on 10/3/2022
In the news
- Coming soon