Facebook photos and video confirm that Howell was at the Capitol on January 6th. She was chanting in favor of President Trump and posting about how Trump supporters were treated by police. There is no documentation showing that she engaged in violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Annie
- Last Name(s): Howell
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-217
- Arrest Location: Swoysersville, PA
- Judge: Thomas Hogan
- Entry Last Updated: 11/29/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/07/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Annie Howell's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Obstruction of an Official Proceeding (1) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (3) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (4) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (5)
Annie Howell was arrested on 03/09/2021 and indicted on 3/12. She was released on personal recognizance on 3/17/21. She appeared in court on 4/7, where she pleaded not guilty to counts 1-5. Status conference set for 11/17. Sentencing held on 3/2/2022 as to Annie Howell on Count 2. Howell was sentenced to three (3) years of Probation. Special Assessment in the amount of $25. Restitution in the amount of $500. Government's oral motion to dismiss all remaining counts; heard and granted.
Rachel A. Fletcher
Rachel A. Fletcher US ATTORNEY's Office 555 Fourth St, NW Washington, DC 20350 202 252 7093, [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED, Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Annie Howell's Mailing Address
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Annie Howell Docket Sheet as of 04/07/2022
- Docket Download-7.10.21
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to ANNIE HOWELL
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to ANNIE HOWELL
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 3.8.2021 in Swoyersville, PA as to ANNIE HOWELL
- #7-INDICTMENT as to ANNIE HOWELL
- #9-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE-H. Heather Shaner appearing for ANNIE HOWELL
- #12-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 3.8.2021 in Swoyersville, PA. as to ANNIE HOWELL
- #13-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to ANNIE HOWELL
- #17-NOTICE United States' Memorandum Regarding Status Of Discovery by USA as to ANNIE HOWELL
- #19- NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #20-Consent Motion for Protective Order
- #21-Consent Motion
- #22-Notice of Filing Regarding Status of Discovery as to Annie Howell
- #23-Protective Order Concerning Discovery
- #24-Order Granting Motion
- #25-Notice of Memorandum Concerning Discovery
- #28-Plea Agreement as to ANNIE HOWELL
- #29-Statement of Offense
- #30-Waiver of Trial by Jury
- #32-Notice of Memorandum
- #35-Sentencing Memorandum
- #36-Notice of Filing Videos
- #37-Sentencing Memorandum
- #41-Judgment as to Annie Howell
- #44-Probation Jurisdiction Transferred
- #45 Application for Access to Video Exhibits by PRESS COALITION as to ANNIE HOWELL
- #46 RESPONSE TO ORDER OF THE COURT by ANNIE HOWELL re Order, Set Deadlines,
- #47 ORDER as to ANNIE HOWELL: granting the 45 Press Coalition's Application for Access to Video Exhibits. Signed by Judge Thomas F. Hogan on 9/19/2022.
In the news
- Coming soon