Ciarpelli attended the rally alone for approximately 2-3 hours. He was seen on surveillance taking pictures inside the Capitol and told law enforcement this was his first time there. When decided to leave after 15 minutes. he became caught in the crowd. According to written reports, he did not engage in violent activity.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Albert
- Last Name(s): Ciarpelli
- Case Number: 1:21-mj-38
- Arrest Location: Syracuse, NY
- Judge: Robin Meriweather
- Entry Last Updated: 04/05/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/05/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Albert Ciarpelli's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority; Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds.
Ciarpelli was arrested on 1/14/21 and released after an initial hearing held on 1/25/21. He remains released. Another hearing occurred on 10/4/21 at 1pm. His next virtual lstatus hearing is on 4/19/2022 at 01:00 PM.
Erik Michael Kenerson
Ste 11-449 Washington, DC 20530 202 252 7201 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED, Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Albert Ciarpelli Docket Sheet as of 04/05/2022
- #1-COMPLAINT as to ALBERT A. CIARPELLI (1).
- #4-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA. Attorney Kenerson, Erik Michael added. Substituting for attorney Jeffrey Nestler
- #6-Arrest Warrant, dated 1.12.2021, Returned Executed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on 1.22.2021 as to ALBERT A. CIARPELLI
- #7-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to ALBERT A. CIARPELLI from US District Court for the Northern District of New York
- #9-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to ALBERT A. CIARPELLI (1) Personal Recognizance. Signed by Magistrate Judge G. Michael Harvey on 1.25.2021
- #10-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Conference, Unopposed MOTION for Speedy Trial Exclusion by USA as to ALBERT A. CIARPELLI
- #11-ORDER granting 10 Motion to Continue Status Hearing and Exclude Time as to ALBERT A. CIARPELLI
- #12-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- William C. Sullivan appearing for ALBERT A. CIARPELLI
- #13-Joint MOTION to Continue Status Hearing, Joint MOTION to Exclude Time Under The Speedy Trial Act by USA as to ALBERT A. CIARPELLI.
- #14-Joint Motion to Continue as to Albert Ciarpelli by (Sullivan, William)
- Docket Download-6.15.21
- #18-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Conference, Unopposed MOTION to Exclude Time under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to ALBERT A. CIARPELL
- #19-Order Granting Motion
- #20-Unopposed Motion
- #21-Order Granting Motion
- #23-Unopposed Motion to Continue
- #24-Order Granting Unopposed Motion
- #25-Unopposed Motion to Continue
- #26-Order Granting Motion
- #27-Unopposed Motion to Continue
- #28-Order Granting Unopposed Motion
In the news
- Charges Revealed for Syracuse man arrested in Capitol riots; Albert Ciarpelli remains freets;
- New York Man Charged in Capitol siege said he considered it a 'little adventure,' feds say